inside cabin to balcony, if final payment made, can I still upgrade

newlu

HI,

They have good prices for balconies now on a cruise I have, with an inside cabin, I have made final payment, this is booked with a TA, so I cant call and ask to change, I need to contact her right? and is this possible, its a bit more, but reasonable..

thanks

newlu

PS they are also giving obc, would I get that also?

Are you booked under U.S. rules? If yes, contact your TA.

Yep if not US rules it may not work, In Australia if you want to upgrade after final payment you usualy have to pay the original price difference when you booked,same for sales before final payment are for "new bookings only"

I like US Rules :) same for US booked accommodation,if the price goes down you can just call and get the lower price,in Australia you would have to cancel and re book which often means loss of some sort of deposits so not worth it.

HI,

They have good prices for balconies now on a cruise I have, with an inside cabin, I have made final payment, this is booked with a TA, so I cant call and ask to change, I need to contact her right? and is this possible, its a bit more, but reasonable..

thanks

newlu

You being Diamond, a member of CC for 12 years, I have a real hard time that you don't know

If you would be paying the ful price (difference between what you have already paid and the current price of the upgraded stateroom), then you should get the OBC too, unless they will be enforcing a new booking requirement.

thanks, guess now I want for my TA to contact me, not sure she works on Sundays.

As for me being a Diamond, and should know this answer, I would not be posting if I did.. Honestly...

I have never changed cabins before, this cruise, its women only, we have 2 cabins, insides, 4 nights, we did not want to spend for a balcony, but now, the difference is quite reasonable, if possible.

I am Canadian, so yes, I think the US rules apply to me..

thanks!! No matter what, it will be a great cruise!

HI,

thanks

newlu

All you can do is ask.

thanks, guess now I want for my TA to contact me, not sure she works on Sundays.

As for me being a Diamond, and should know this answer, I would not be posting if I did.. Honestly...

I have never changed cabins before, this cruise, its women only, we have 2 cabins, insides, 4 nights, we did not want to spend for a balcony, but now, the difference is quite reasonable, if possible.

I am Canadian, so yes, I think the US rules apply to me..

thanks!! No matter what, it will be a great cruise!

Don't worry I'm Diamond Plus, cruising over 30 yrs, on Cruise Critic over 20 yrs when it was AOL/cruise critic and still don't know all the rules. Good luck, hope all works out for you...

My brother-in-law just switched from an inside cabin to a CP balcony on the Oasis today. We’re Canadian too and his final payment was early December. It only cost an extra $40 to upgrade! So you shouldn’t have a problem either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums