Coco Cay - What can we bring, what is not allowed...

We just want to relax and have fun on Coco Cay. We don't wanna do anything with groups of folks and we don't need more t-shirts or bits of plastic souvenirs. To make our stay more fun, was thinking of bringing some things to help that out....

Are there lockable lockers available on Coco Cay? If so, how much?

Since we are coming off of Anthem of the Seas, is there free food and water there or is it all $?

If we do want to buy something at the 'straw market', can we use Wowbands?

I will bring some if not all our own snorkeling stuff. I was also thinking of bringing a waterproof backpack and maybe some beach floats. For those who have been there before, what would you recommend bringing?

Would it be wise to take a shuttle boat over and then back to Anthem for lunch and then back over again for a bit in the afternoon or no?

Should we bring any beach toys or games such as balls, or beach tennis?

My husband is a red-head and yes he will be slathered in SPFs, but is there much shade on Coco Cay? Do folks lay claim early and quickly to shady spots, so we should really hall buns to get shade?

THANKS!!

There is a free BBQ lunch with free water, iced tea, and lemonade. Straw market is cash only. There is shade here and there, get to the island early to find loungers under shade.

Last time I was at Coco Cay (one of my favorite stops) the lockers were $8 for the day.

The lunch served from the ship on the island is tasty, but if you wanted to tender back and forth you could. I think it would take a good chunk out of your time on the island though. I thought that they were building a dock but I have not heard much recently about it. Snorkeling is really good, I bring my own equipment, but they also rent it. It is a pretty big island and you can always find shade.

I thought that they were building a dock but I have not heard much recently about it.

According to the RCCL blog, the new dock is scheduled to be ready for use by June. Unfortunately CC won't allow me to post the link.

Edited by MrsPhoenix91

The straw market on Coco Cay isn't all that great, unless its your only stop and then its just fine ;) I burn easily and I've found shade each time without much trouble. I've gone early, played for a few hours underneath one of the palm trees then for lunch just headed back to the ship. I did go back to the island one time but in the afternoon the sun makes it so hot I don't really find it worth going back. The BBQ is just OK also. Not bad since its free but I can usually find a meal just as good in the windjammer

Or, pull your lounger into the shade....you're never far from the water!!! I found a hammock under 2 trees, just steps from the water! The 1st beach has little shade, but if you keep walking, you'll come to less crowded areas with more shade.

Yes, you may bring pretty much anything....floats (or pay big $$ for rentals)... you really don't need a waterproof anything. If you're doing a water excursion, they have lockers for that. Not for the "general beach going public", tho.

You can tender back and forth to the ship as much as you want. They do serve lunch on the beach...and just like on the ship, there is ice water, lemonade and tea....you can buy any other drink with your seapass and if you have a package, that works on Coco Cay, too.

We just want to relax and have fun on Coco Cay. We don't wanna do anything with groups of folks and we don't need more t-shirts or bits of plastic souvenirs. To make our stay more fun, was thinking of bringing some things to help that out....

Are there lockable lockers available on Coco Cay? If so, how much?

Since we are coming off of Anthem of the Seas, is there free food and water there or is it all $?

If we do want to buy something at the 'straw market', can we use Wowbands?

I will bring some if not all our own snorkeling stuff. I was also thinking of bringing a waterproof backpack and maybe some beach floats. For those who have been there before, what would you recommend bringing?

Would it be wise to take a shuttle boat over and then back to Anthem for lunch and then back over again for a bit in the afternoon or no?

Should we bring any beach toys or games such as balls, or beach tennis?

My husband is a red-head and yes he will be slathered in SPFs, but is there much shade on Coco Cay? Do folks lay claim early and quickly to shady spots, so we should really hall buns to get shade?

THANKS!!

We always take our own snorkel gear. You must wear life vests to snorkel, we have the blow up kind. We also bring our own mats. We have those mesh fold up mats that are light and super easy to carry and take them anytime the water will be to the temp we like. You can take your own toys, balls, etc, no issue.

Since all the changes, there is not as much shade unless you go to the very right side, which we don't like b/c when the tide goes out you basically have no water unless you walk way out. We love sitting right to the left of the bandstand and we just rent an umbrella for hubby - yes it is stupid expensive at $25, but we do it anyway. At least it is a big one and at least 2 people can sit under it.

If we snorkel, we leave out backpack on the beach. All I take is a waterproof case to take our money and seapass card. I never worry about leaving anything on the beach, in all the years we have cruised we have never had any issues.

Have fun, we love CocoCay!

Or, pull your lounger into the shade....

Please be considerate of others if you decide to do that.... That you aren't blocking the way and you put it back when you are done (I have seen other PAX neglect to do these things)

We generally have done the snorkelling. You can bring your own equipment and rent anything you don't have. I think RC requires you use a safety vest.

We skip the BBQ lunch. The lines are very long and crowded and by the time you find a place to sit, your food is cold. However since this is your first time, I encourage you to be your own judge and if you don't like the looks of it, go back to the ship for lunch. The ship is usually very quiet while at Coco Cay.