Luggage tag choice - printed or stickers?

Megclectic

About to sail on Celebrity Summit on Jan 12, we had printed off our luggage tags and then a couple days ago we also surprisingly received the fold-over sticker tags in the mail. So we had bought some luggage tag holders that are made to hold the wider, printed off tags. The question is, is there an advantage to using the sticker tags, pre-printed with our name, cabin and a barcode of some sort, or is there no real advantage to using those, and we can just use our wider, printed off version in our protective sleeves which will be larger, easier, to read, and fit better in the sleeves?

Hope this makes sense. And thanks in advance for any advice on the barcode thing.

About to sail on Celebrity Summit on Jan 12, we had printed off our luggage tags and then a couple days ago we also surprisingly received the fold-over sticker tags in the mail. So we had bought some luggage tag holders that are made to hold the wider, printed off tags. The question is, is there an advantage to using the sticker tags, pre-printed with our name, cabin and a barcode of some sort, or is there no real advantage to using those, and we can just use our wider, printed off version in our protective sleeves which will be larger, easier, to read, and fit better in the sleeves?

Hope this makes sense. And thanks in advance for any advice on the barcode thing.

Welcome to CC. Your preference. Either style will work as to getting your luggage to your cabin. I prefer the ones Celebrity mails out. We fly in so I don't put the luggage tags on our luggage until we are getting ready to headover to the embarkation terminal just before leaving the pre cruise hotel.

Both!

I use the printed ones with plastic luggage tag holders. These are for the suitcases and maybe backpacks. Similar to another poster, I put these on immediately prior to arriving at the dock.

The sticky ones I use to slap onto a case (or two) of water that we bring on the ship and leave with the porters at embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I like the stickies.We put them on after flying in and no need to assemble anything or find tape or pack luggage tags to slide the paper ones into. They also arrive in the mail, so it's reminiscent of the old days of cruise booklets coming in the mail along with the tags and building the pre-cruise anticipation.