Planned itinerary Radiance of the Seas May 18 to 25

cruisingjodi

May 17 fly into Vancouver and stay at YWCA

May 18th embark on cruise

May 19th enjoy ship day

May 20th Ketchikan 6 am to 4 pm-Misty Fjords National Monument tour with Southeast aviation at 8 AM-rest of day explore town on foot or rent a car (I am holding one but may cancel based on comments)

May 21: Icy Strait 9 am to 6 pm. Whale and wildlife excursion with Glacier Wind Charters from 930 to 1 pm. Rest of day walk around.

May 22: Juneau 7 am to 930 pm. Tracy Arm tour with Adventure Bound at 8 am until around 2 pm. The rest of the day is open, but should we try to go to Mendenhall Glacier and do we have enough time to hike there if we’re not too tired?

May 23: Skagway 7 to 430pm. We are renting a car and doing the drive up to Yukon and back. This is our freedom day.

May 24: cruising Hubbard Glacier.

May 25: Seward : we are staying overnight at Harbor 360. At 11-530 we are doing the Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise.

May 26th: still in Seward for the day until 530pm.

Any suggestions? Then train to Anchorage arriving at 1030 pm. We are staying at Fairfield Inn and Suites. We plan on renting a car as we do not fly out until 8 pm on the 27th. The hotel is for sure and the flights are for sure, so if anyone has ideas to fill the day that do not involve a car, please let me know. I know we will be exhausted by then.

Your hotel is not really near anything of interest and a car is the best option. This brochure has many things to do in Anchorage. http://anchoragedowntown.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Things-To-Do-in-Downtown-2017.pdf

Depending on how active you are, Matanuska Glacier is 2 hours north and an excellent venue to get a guide and do some trekking.

I’ve not done the tour but doesn’t Adventure Bound in Juneau return from Tracy Arm about 6pm?

Be certain you just want the regular Kenai Fjords tour. Myself, I'd go out both days. :)

You have chosen the popular tours that get rave reviews. Matansuka or Talkeetna could be options, Check out the Anchorage website and also Mat Su. Determine, what else you want in Seward. OR leave your debark day, and perhaps, consider PWS, Girdwood etc.

Many options available.

I've taken the Radiance 3 times in the last 2 seasons.