Winter Olympics

Suzcruz57

You’re on a cruise that you spent good money to go, why worry about the Olympics, just set your recorder at home before you leave.

They may not be important to you, but they may be to someone else. Wonder if you would have the same response to someone asking if the ship would live broadcast the Superbowl game.

O P, I can't say for sure, but there should be some kind of coverage. I'm going to be at a resort in Mexico for the last week of the Olympics. Fortunately they have good WIFI, and I plan on watching a few events while lying by the pool with my Pina colada.

I can't speak for Celebrity but we boarded our ship on another cruise line on the last day of the Olympics in 2010. The final men's hockey game was Canada vs USA vying for gold and so many of us were geared to watch it. Sadly they did not show it anywhere on board but during muster drill, people were getting texts left and right about the score. The game went into overtime and soon after we arrived back at our cabin after the drill, we heard partying on the balconies. Canada had won the gold. We would have missed a lot of the game because of the muster drill but it would have been nice if we had been allowed to see as much as possible before and after. There was a lot of friendly rivalry going on between the Canadians and Americans on board.

Good luck!

They may not be important to you, but they may be to someone else. Wonder if you would have the same response to someone asking if the ship would live broadcast the Superbowl game.

O P, I can't say for sure, but there should be some kind of coverage. I'm going to be at a resort in Mexico for the last week of the Olympics. Fortunately they have good WIFI, and I plan on watching a few events while lying by the pool with my Pina colada.

Fingers crossed.

The Olympics were shown 4 years ago on our S-class ship. Fortunately, it was an International feed so we were not subjected to the endless commercials, "human interest stories" and ads for new shows on the network.

You’re on a cruise that you spent good money to go, why worry about the Olympics, just set your recorder at home before you leave.

What's the point in that? The outcome is already known. I spend good money on cruises all the time in the fall and watch football - so much fun. 18 family members once took a Super Bowl cruise and we had a blast.

I am not a sports fan, but DH might like watching the Olympics while onboard the Solstice next month.

I am more concerned on whether the Royal wedding will be broadcast when we sail the Eclipse in May. :D If not, I am sure we will see plenty of footage on the news stations.

I've been curious too. We will be onboard during the start of the Olympics and always enjoy the opening ceremonies.

The Ceremonies were on last time but don't expect the U.S. feed. You can never tell. Actually, I was surprised to find out that there were participants in some events from continents other than North America.:rolleyes: