Plainer items on MDR menu?

canwegonow

We have one picky eater in our group who might not be happy with some of the fancier selections at dinner. Does Celebrity have a selection of "classic" or "everyday" (read: plainer) items on the MDR dinner menu each night as other lines do? If so, can someone please direct me to it? Thanks!

You can also ask for almost any menu item to be served 'without sauce' or without certain side dishes or garnishes if you don't want them. Another option - order 2 appetizer items instead of a larger main course if they are more to your liking. Worst case - ask you waiter what's on the kid's menu, maybe there's something there that would work. DH orders the children's menu dessert (the Volcano!) on Princess all the time.

Anyone can order off the kid's menu....

On my second Celebrity cruise we had a tablemate who ordered the chicken nuggets (three orders’ worth) with fries every night off the children’s menu. Loads of ketchup. Usually a couple of bourbons. His wife on the other hand routinely ordered the most exotic things on the menus. They were an interesting couple.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's on the "kids menu"?

Typical stuff that kids generally like...hamburger, hot dog, pasta with tomato sauce or just butter, macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese or PBJ sandwich, chicken nuggets or some plain chicken breast, french fries, sometimes a small grilled steak or pork chop. There is probably other stuff depending on the ship, but you get the idea. ;)

Hope this help, everyday on the menus

26731443_2019771494932311_3876788854948071699_n.jpg?oh=d7f49e37bb8446ac7975cb5f9c46fd71&oe=5AE878A6

26814960_2019771474932313_4554038768803366867_n.jpg?oh=d4cc79834013d0a31e09c127421f5cfb&oe=5AFC0F0E

With the possible exception of the escargot, I cannot conceive of a plainer menu. My complaint, such as I have one, is that the menus are so plain as to be boring. And I just noticed that the author, to his eternal credit, wrote "garden thyme jus" not au jus. Plus, he wrote "maitre d' hotel". A standing ovation is in order :) I'm sure your friend will not lack for good choices.

Edited by BosoxI