Anthem itinerary change Bermuda April 2019

Tin can

Hello all, I'm after some thoughts please.

Our cruise booked on Anthem was changed without notifying us (I noticed the change on the website myself) from three days in Bermuda to now only two with a stop substituted instead in Boston on the way back.

I have called Royal this morning as I'm not very happy about it and the first representative said this was due to weather conditions and passengers heath and wellbeing and he couldn't tell me any more.

Weather on a cruise 16 months out was not acceptable to me so after being passed to a resolutions guy the story changed to port congestion and I know that a NCL ship is there also on the last day.

So it looks like Royal has been bumped for NCL, great......

I've just got very annoyed on the phone so not really viewing this matter rationally as I have had 40 minutes of "your booking conditions in the UK means you cannot cancel without losing your £450.00 deposit". The resolutions guys decision is final and I have no where else to go with this.

I'm not saying I do want to cancel, I just wanted my options explained if there are any and not have my terms and conditions hit over my head when I will be flying from the UK to New York for now only 2 instead of 3 days in Bermuda.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated even if its 'you signed up to it' you have to live with it.

Thanks

It is very likely that there's no room to dock, as Anthem usually only spends 2 days in a row in Bermuda. If it's any consolation, I did the 7 day itinerary with 2 days in Bermuda and a day in Boston and had a great time. This was in May 2016 and the weather was perfect in Bermuda...mid50s/lower 60s in Boston. It was a nice mix of beach and history. Granted, that's not what you signed up for, but I understand the cancellation policy is different in the UK.

It seems like they changed all of the itineraries for April, but there is still one this November that has 3 days in Bermuda...can you change to that?

Thank you for that, I've calmed down a bit now and your post really is appreciated.

Unfortunately we can't transfer our booking to another 3 day Bermuda sailing without losing our deposit.

We have never been to Boston so not all bad I was just really looking forward to the extended stay in Bermuda.

Thanks again for the positivity.

I was on Anthem April 2017 with Bermuda and Boston.

The first day in Bermuda my roll call organized a tour. The second day I took the Ferry and did Bermuda on my own.

In Boston I walked the Freedom Trail and visited Quincy Market. So much history. The app can be downloaded to your phone with descriptions of the stops. No need for an organized tour in Boston. The hop on hop off trolley is another option.

Anthem is a fabulous ship. You’ll have a great time.

The first day in Bermuda my roll call organized a tour. The second day I took the Ferry and did Bermuda on my own.

In Boston I walked the Freedom Trail and visited Quincy Market. So much history. The app can be downloaded to your phone with descriptions of the stops. No need for an organized tour in Boston. The hop on hop off trolley is another option.

Thanks Tee and Chilli, good to hear.

It seems the two day in Bermuda is the norm, I'm wondering why then our cruise was initially sold as 3.

Its all very odd.

I've done both a 2 day and a 3 day to Bermuda. I much prefer the 3 day. I am not sure what your plans are for Bermuda but it won't be warm then. If you are looking for a warm vacation and more time in Bermuda it might be worth it to eat the deposit? Either way...have fun!

I've done both a 2 day and a 3 day to Bermuda. I much prefer the 3 day. I am not sure what your plans are for Bermuda but it won't be warm then. If you are looking for a warm vacation and more time in Bermuda it might be worth it to eat the deposit? Either way...have fun!

:D Whatever the weather It will be warmer than the UK

I've thought about canning the deposit, I might well do at some point in the future. It just works out nicely to spend a few days in New York in April and Easter on the ship.

Royal Resolutions department 1 Tin can 0 at the moment though....

Hi again Tee & Chilli

Did you stop at Boston after Bermuda and before returning to Cape Liberty?

Thats what we are doing now on our itinerary has changed and I'm thinking that we will technically be entering the USA on a port day and will have to clear customs.

This doesnt sound good when its not our final destination, it could take hours to get off and we will lose a lot of time in Boston :(

I arrived in NJ by plane.. I stayed at a NJ hotel for 2 nights taking the train into NY.

NJ hotels can be much less expensive. I went to the 911 museum, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I purchased advanced tickets online. I realize this doesn’t get to your question however this info may assist you with planning.

As for the cruise portion we left Bayonne, one day at Sea, 2 days in Bermuda, day at Sea, Boston, day a Sea, return to Bayonne.

Yes immigration came onboard when we arrived in Boston. The line was long however very efficient. We were in Boston 9 am to 9 pm.

If given the opportunity I would do this itinerary again. Yes Bermuda 3 days would have been nice however I’m a history buff. Boston has so much to offer - history, sports, food. Some members of my roll call got together to tour the baseball stadium. Bermuda’s water temperature can be on the cooler side in April.

Edited by Tee & Chilli

I can understand why another day in Bermuda, where they drive on the wrong side of the road, would be better for a UK person than going to a place famous for throwing tea into the harbor.

:D

Both interest me to be honest, the history especially in Boston.

A good thing with the itinerary change for us is we have travelled all over the States but never Boston.

I have been to Bermuda in April and it was plenty warm. It just isn't Caribbean hot

Guest maddycat
:D I've thought about canning the deposit, I might well do at some point in the future. It just works out nicely to spend a few days in New York in April and Easter on the ship.

Be prepared for a full ship. And since this is an Easter cruise (spring recess for most schools in the area) there will probably be many children on board, perhaps 1000.