First time in a suite

moki'smommy

As is a suite.

Nothing special at all. Not worth the extra dollars and they assign you the laziest staff.

Annie

Annie, I am confused; are you saying that you stayed in a full suite and had a lazy staff? If this is true; why didn't you let the hotel manager know right away; he would have fixed it pronto

We generally stay in suites, and overall, the room stewards have been outstanding. Here and there we've had a dud. I think Princess does a pretty good job in having a reliable level of service, but sometimes a not so good performer slips through. One thing we have learned, is to let the room steward know what we want. When we leave for breakfast, not only do we put the card in the door to clean our room, but we also let the room steward know we are leaving. Same thing for dinner. That said, it's always so nice to get a steward who can anticipate our requests!

Annie, I am confused; are you saying that you stayed in a full suite and had a lazy staff? If this is true; why didn't you let the hotel manager know right away; he would have fixed it pronto

I told the Suite Concierge who passed it along.

What was his supervisor not doing??

Sadly the worst cabin staff I have ever had.

Annie

Boy, sorry to hear about your suite experience. That is not right. Some ships don't have a concierge; so I normally contact the hotel manager. Seems like the concierge took your info and it fell upon deaf ears. Again sorry for you

As is a suite.

Nothing special at all. Not worth the extra dollars and they assign you the laziest staff.

Annie

LOL...that has been our experience when we have had suites too.....only bringing it up because of you statement...

Not that we have had a lot of suites but when we have for some reason our attendants were not up to par. In fact we had the worst attendant ever on Princess in a suite a few years ago...he was done right LAZY......but nothing compares to a concierge on Royal Caribbean that told me to make my own Spa reservation......no worries...if you travel a lot there are always expectations not met....

Edited by land lover

LOL...that has been our experience when we have had suites too.....only bringing it up because of you statement...

Not that we have had a lot of suites but when we have for some reason our attendants were not up to par. In fact we had the worst attendant ever on Princess in a suite a few years ago...he was done right LAZY......but nothing compares to a concierge on Royal Caribbean that told me to make my own Spa reservation......no worries...if you travel a lot there are always expectations not met....

I am not a high maintenance traveller. I hate fawning. Discreet and competent service and I am good. The only time my suite was untidy was when he was there.

I do wonder if it was because I was a solo lady retiree.

Lesson learned by myself - Princess suites are not worth the price tag.

Annie

Our cabin steward replaced our shampoo, conditioner, soap in our suite on the Royal in Dec 2017. You will also get the Princess Lotion. We needed a few more bars of soap and I left our cabin steward a note and he left them and always saw that we had all of those extras when things were running low. The suite life was sweet! You will love it! We normally dine at a large table of cruisers at the late seating. We had to get accustomed to the CC Dining with our two person table. We met a family in Sabatini's our first morning and they invited us to dine with them for three evening meals in CC. Geoherb and I will be in a balcony cabin in a few weeks on the Regal. After reading this post I am realizing that I'm going to miss the suite life!

Sam is this you? If so we are the family that also had a suite. Miss you both....we are sailing on Royal again end of Feb.

We are already missing the suite life!

I am not a high maintenance traveller. I hate fawning. Discreet and competent service and I am good. The only time my suite was untidy was when he was there.

I do wonder if it was because I was a solo lady retiree.

Lesson learned by myself - Princess suites are not worth the price tag.

Annie

I am so with you on that...ours had plenty of time to chat with us in our cabin about his family life(we did not ask by the way)......it was like his escape, but not enough time to follow my simple requests...written or verbal.......I mean asking for an extra bath towel should not take 3 requests. ....I am sure our experiences were the exceptions....we are totally low maintenance.....but the extra space was very, very nice, but if solo...certainly not necessary.

Will they replenish the shampoo' date=' conditioner, etc. in a suite when needed? I'm guessing that they will, but with 3 women in the room, we may well go thru more than one small container during the cruise.[/quote']

Our experience was that there was one set out in the bathroom and another full set in a sheer cloth bag waiting. We ended up bring both sets home (I had packed our own). I'm sure it would be replaced if necessary. And the containers aren't the small hotel ones - these were more like the size of the H2O products on DCL.

We also got with our Window Suite:

a mini bottle of champagne each (day 1);

a fruit basket (day 1):

a DVD player and a pretty extensive list of DVDs to choose from (everyday) [though I hear now that they have the on demand movies so this may no longer apply];

Laundry bags - with clean laundry delivered the following day (everyday);

Rose Corsages and boutonnière delivered first formal night;

a plate of small bites the first day and checklists for subsequent days;

the MDR breakfast menu delivered to the cabin each night for the next day;

Chocolate covered strawberries on the first formal night;

the profiteroles on the second formal night.

We also had club class dining which was excellent. There was frequently additional menu items (sometimes 2 - one prepared in the dining room and a chef's special) and service was over the top great.

Here is the link to my review of the Club Class dining additional dishes:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2575638

I wish I had taken pictures of the room - the Window suite was just awesome. We had the beds split into twins and then the beds put against each of the walls to have the maximum turnaround space in the cabin. Forewarning though, the new beds on Princess are on the high side - (like a lot of the new raised hotel beds) - they were too high for my mother to transfer from her wheelchair. The third bed was a pull out couch which causes it's own issues getting her comfortably over the metal bars so we requested a rollaway cot (which btw, was the best rollaway bed I've ever seen). It took a lot of convincing for them to let us have one but eventually they relented - my mom slept very well on the rollaway and I am going to arrange with special needs ahead of time for it when we're back on the CB next November / December.

The staff in Club Class dining will fall over backwards to serve you and make sure you're happy.

We exchanged the mini bar after muster drill for the coffee cards by calling room service. It was easy to do and they do it so frequently that it's not an issue (they are prepared).

The accessible window suite is in such a convenient location - I truly love that cabin.

I told the Suite Concierge who passed it along.

What was his supervisor not doing??

Sadly the worst cabin staff I have ever had.

Annie

I recently cruised on the Emerald in an AFT suite and I had excellent service. I see you were also on the Emerald.

I can tell you that I was never introduced to a Suite Conceirge and I did not even know that they had one on the Emerald.

But it is an unacceptable for you to have such poor service. I know that I have cruised in several suites and I have never experienced poor service. I just asked to Cabin Steward when I needed something.

My DW and I loved the new Club Dining.

I recently cruised on the Emerald in an AFT suite and I had excellent service. I see you were also on the Emerald.

I can tell you that I was never introduced to a Suite Conceirge and I did not even know that they had one on the Emerald.

But it is an unacceptable for you to have such poor service. I know that I have cruised in several suites and I have never experienced poor service. I just asked to Cabin Steward when I needed something.

My DW and I loved the new Club Dining.

No Concierge on Emerald. Only on the newer larger ships for suite and elite guests. I too loved the Club Class when we sailed Emerald. We were in Family Suite all the way forward.

As is a suite.

Annie

I have to agree. We were in an aft suite on the Crown in April on a TA and b2b. So for 25 days. Our room steward was so bad. It was our first time on Princess in a full suite and probably our last. (We love Celebrity suites with butler service. They know how to train their suite staff) When I asked my steward about the Club Class Dining he told me were not eligible, only for Club Class Mini Suites. We went 3 days until someone said to us that we were allowed to dine there. It was the maitre'd in the main dining room who asked us why we weren't dining in club class. Well......never got water, had to constantly ask for soap and shampoo, cabin was dirty, laundry took 3 days, balcony you could not move on with the size table and chairs (we had a beam going down both sides). Well, long story short....I finally complained after about a week and they gave us a new room steward. Every morning when we left our cabin the old steward was standing there glaring at us. Very uncomfortable. Then I found out our new steward was stationed on the deck below us. You can bet he got tipped well at the end because he was great, and never complained.

Okay....off my soap box now....but personally I think the mini suites are just as good if not better. We are in a club class on the Regal in April on another TA & b2b.

So if you are Elite you get to use the Concierge lounge?[/quote

Princess has a place reserved for elite and suite guests. On Emerald princess that has a section of Skywalkers that was used every afternoon and evening. On Royal and Regal; there is a elite lounge. Hope this answers your question

How can you find out if there is a concierge lounge on a ship? We have a suite (first time in one) on the Golden.

I believe only the newest ships like Regal/Royal/Majestic have dedicated concierge lounge. Other ships do not. There is a lounge set up to host suite guests. On Emerald they had a section of skywalkers which was used for happy hour every night. There was a letter in our suite notifying us that we were welcome you use skywalkers every day for happy hour

Ask your steward for the main dining room lunch and dinner menus so you can order from these if you want to dine in your cabin. Also enjoy Sabatinies for breakfast and be pampered in Club Class dining (any time). Send in your laundry it's free. As for complimentary speciality dining we find it best to go to your choice of venue as soon as you can after boarding and arrange it with their reception person, we choose American or Italian theme night. Enjoy and as has been mentioned you'll not want to cruise anymore but in full suite.

WE love the suite perks- repeat as others- your specialty dining is any night. Full room service is the best (we always ask for the MDR menu every morning) and often enjoy it in our room.

Complimentary laundry! pressing, dry cleaning and wash and fold. don't have to pack too much.

Priority boarding- no lines!

Have fun!

We will be in a suite on the Sun in March for 13 days and I was so looking forward to the complimentary laundry perk. However, I've read on other threads that Princess laundry will ruin your clothes. Is that a common problem with the service? I would love to pack light and take advantage of the laundry perk, but not at the expense of ruining our clothes. Should I be concerned about clothes sent out to Princess laundry? I would love to hear more from those who have used this. Thanks

I’ve found the laundry to be fine. The cleaning is hit or miss. Regardless of the cruise length, I pack 3 days of underwear, and about five for clothes since I don’t want to wear the same things all of the time. In a suite the laundry usually is same day if you have the bag out by 8:30-9:00 AM. They did once ruin a sweater since it got washed and not cleaned. We didn’t realize the sweater shrunk until after we got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums