First time in a suite

moki'smommy

Sorry for sounding like a total newbie....actually I'm a very experienced cruiser, but this is our first time in a suite on Princess.

I understand that we get complimentary specialty dining on the first night. We would prefer the Crown Grill. On the Princess site, it says that special promotions and complimentary specialty dining must be booked on board. Is there a way we can let our preference be known prior to boarding or do I just call the DINE line as soon as we board?

How do we arrange to have our mini-bar set up exchanged for 2 coffee cards? Just tell the steward or ????

Is there anything else I should arrange in advance regarding suite perks?

Just enjoys yourselves.. Yes you can ring the Dine line about complimentary specialty dining, they can sometimes make it the second night.... One time they called us asking what time and which specialty restaurant would you like..

otherwise nothing else to book ahead, it is more like sit and relax...

but there could be no go back to a non suite.... be careful...

Cheers Don on board in 4 days

Even though the full suite perk is supposed to be the first night, you can call the DINE line and change that to another night or restaurant of your choice.

Mini-bar set-up is arranged for with Room Service. Call them to swap out.

Ask your steward for the main dining room lunch and dinner menus so you can order from these if you want to dine in your cabin. Also enjoy Sabatinies for breakfast and be pampered in Club Class dining (any time). Send in your laundry it's free. As for complimentary speciality dining we find it best to go to your choice of venue as soon as you can after boarding and arrange it with their reception person, we choose American or Italian theme night. Enjoy and as has been mentioned you'll not want to cruise anymore but in full suite.

We took an upsell last month and sailed in our first suite on the Royal. It was wonderful. The Royal and Regal have a concierge lounge. We had the concierge make the reservation for us at the Crown Grill. We wanted to keep one mini bar setup. I did not bother to call room service to get the coffee cards for the other until after the first day. (We got the second one for being Elite.) We also traded in some of our items for different things (ginger ale for the sodas and Perrier for the beer). The second setup was not automatically placed in our suite.

Look at the list of suite perks here: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

We never ate lunch or dinner in our suite except for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on my birthday. The only time we ordered breakfast was an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast that was a perk of booking and the last morning. We enjoyed Club Class dining. Sabatini's for breakfast was our favorite perk.

You can pretty much order anything you want at Sabatini's for breakfast...no need to stick to the menu. If they have it, they will make it.

We had a standing order for lobster omlettes with avacado and home fries. If you will be pressed for time in the morning, tell them the night before and they will have your breakfast cooked and waiting for you at an agreed upon time.

Fruit milk of the day was also very good at breakfast.

Don't stress over not being able to book Crown Grill in advance. Since you are in a suite, they will make your desired time work for you. Just call, that is, if they don't call you first!

Most of the time we've done our swaps through room service. However on some ships the stewards will do it for you when you are in a suite. I found that to be true on the Emerald in October. Ask your steward if they will do the swap for you when you meet with them. It will definitely save you hold time with room service.

WE love the suite perks- repeat as others- your specialty dining is any night. Full room service is the best (we always ask for the MDR menu every morning) and often enjoy it in our room.

Complimentary laundry! pressing, dry cleaning and wash and fold. don't have to pack too much.

Priority boarding- no lines!

Have fun!

And yes' date=' I'm afraid we may never want to go back to a balcony cabin again.[/quote']We'll find out next month when we go back to a regular balcony cabin on the Regal. I think it will be fine. Last month's suite was a great treat but I don't want to give up taking cruises. The suites were all booked when I got the offer for next month's cruise--not that we would have booked one without a great offer.

We'll find out next month when we go back to a regular balcony cabin on the Regal. I think it will be fine. Last month's suite was a great treat but I don't want to give up taking cruises. The suites were all booked when I got the offer for next month's cruise--not that we would have booked one without a great offer.

We got a great deal on this one or I wouldn't have booked it....but I'm certainly going to enjoy it!

I’m afraid to say but this experience will ruin you. There is no going back now. We have a suite on an upcoming Alaska 10-day and I can’t hardly wait! We also have the sip & sail so we are really going to be living it up! It’s the best combo ever!

Enjoy your daily breakfast in Sabatinis. You can have mimosas or just straight champagne, cappuccino, etc. The poached eggs over potatoes are delicious! And the French toast is so yummy!

Sorry, was daydreaming a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to be in a suite for the first time in May. I am sooooo excited! Thank you for asking the questions and thank you all for the answers!

Join the club, and we still pinch ourselves, and we do get excited, and feel lucky enough to be able to go by suite.

Cheers Don and will in in our suite in 3 days:D

Also you are to get 2 bottles of water complimentary every day in your suite. They are good for taking on excursions.

We did not get extra water bottles every day. Just what we got 1 time in the mini-bar.

Also, you will get corsages to wear on on formal nights.

We did not get extra water bottles every day. Just what we got 1 time in the mini-bar.

Also, you will get corsages to wear on on formal nights.

Seems from other threads I've been reading that the daily 2 bottles of water are hit or miss depending on ship. I will try it on the Crown in a couple weeks. They would be very handy for going ashore.