Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

Just did an Alaska cruise on the Ruby last year and we did laundry a couple of times. We cruise Alaska every year and there were a couple years awhile back that they closed the laundries while in Alaska waters but that was changed after a couple of years. Seems that Alaska was requiring standards that even their water treating facilities could meet. Anyways you can do laundry on board the ships in Alaska.

I should probably clarify my original post about doing laundry in Alaskan waters. I had read on Cruise Critic that you can't do laundry in Alaskan waters and my family went on an Alaskan cruise in 2012 and the laundry room was closed when I wanted to do laundry. I believe this was after we left Glacier Bay, which is why I checked because I thought we were out of the "no laundry" zone. The next day, however, I had no problems doing laundry. It sounds like they have changed things since 2012 or it may be a difference if you take the Glacier Bay vs. Tracy Arm itinerary. We were on the Glacier Bay itinerary. I can't speak for having your laundry done. I was only referring to self-service. I have a goal for us to be Elite by retirement but we are far from that but pleased to say, working very hard toward it.

Have fun on your cruise! We can't wait for our next one.

My first cruise with Princess on 4-21-18.

Does Princess hold a Vetetan/Military meeting on board the ship ?

They have been available on my cruises & are one of several unhosted meetings.

The time & location is in their daily list of activities the Patter which is delivered to cabins nightly or is available on mobile devices using their free Princess@Sea intranet system,

Don't forget the Loyalty OBC. It is based on cruise credits.

20-30 credits = $25 OBC

31.-40 credits = $50

41-50 credits = $75

51 or more = $100

I guess I don't understand this post. Are you saying that if you have cruised before, you automatically get OBC? I have not gotten this yet. Do I need to contact them to get this? I'm confused.

I guess I don't understand this post. Are you saying that if you have cruised before, you automatically get OBC? I have not gotten this yet. Do I need to contact them to get this? I'm confused.

This list is what I’ve experienced & is based on cruise credits and not on the number of cruises.

Passengers sailing solo receive 2 credits; passengers in full suites 2 credits. Also when sailing a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises, you receive a credit for each shorter cruise. For example, book a 21 day cruise that can be booked as three 7-day cruises you receive 3 cruise credits.

You can view your credits in your online Captain’s Circle account’s history for both past & future cruises. This has been issued by the onboard Captain’s Circle rep but have read posts that it now is listed on our Cruise Personalizer within 5 days before sailing.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

One thing we do now (haven’t yet tried it for a port we fly into) is to take our collapsible wagon (you can get them at Costco and many hardware or sporting goods stores). As we travel with our kids it makes it much easier to bring aboard bottled water, smaller carry inside, jackets, car seats, wine etc. the wagon then folds neatly and slides right under the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drinks....we never get a cruise with the "free drink" package as do not drink much.....but.....like to take advantage of the 2 for 1 drink specials in the bars....does Princess have such a promo still.....our last few cruises on HAL did and was nice to go to the bar before dinner in the afternoon and have a couple of drinks...?????

Drinks....we never get a cruise with the "free drink" package as do not drink much.....but.....like to take advantage of the 2 for 1 drink specials in the bars....does Princess have such a promo still.....our last few cruises on HAL did and was nice to go to the bar before dinner in the afternoon and have a couple of drinks...?????

Recent posts state that the twice daily Happy Hour BOGO$ has ended. :(

Many of us contacted Princess who confirmed it is being eliminated.

Recent posts state that the twice daily Happy Hour BOGO$ has ended. :(

Many of us contacted Princess who confirmed it is being eliminated.

Yep. Definitely gone.

According to a supervisor they were losing money because people were stocking up on drinks for later in the day.

Yep. Definitely gone.

According to a supervisor they were losing money because people were stocking up on drinks for later in the day.

I beg to differ. We just returned from 60 nights on ISLAND around South America. We had a BOGO for $1 in the first week and then I noticed they were gone and overheard a comment. I asked a senior bartender and he said order had just come from HQ on this. I also asked the Captain Circle Host and got similar info.

Then, all of a sudden a week or a bit more later, there it was back in the Patter. So, I asked again and was told there would be some again from time to time. Actually, we had BOGO for $1 several times - usually on a sea day, but I saw one scheduled on a port day as well. So, not every day, and always at 3:30pm only.

BOGO for $1 is not dead on ISLAND, and I suspect also not dead on other ships. Just don't expect it all the time and twice per day.

I beg to differ. We just returned from 60 nights on ISLAND around South America. We had a BOGO for $1 in the first week and then I noticed they were gone and overheard a comment. I asked a senior bartender and he said order had just come from HQ on this. I also asked the Captain Circle Host and got similar info.

Then, all of a sudden a week or a bit more later, there it was back in the Patter. So, I asked again and was told there would be some again from time to time. Actually, we had BOGO for $1 several times - usually on a sea day, but I saw one scheduled on a port day as well. So, not every day, and always at 3:30pm only.

BOGO for $1 is not dead on ISLAND, and I suspect also not dead on other ships. Just don't expect it all the time and twice per day.

It appears that certain ships are determining for them selves if it's profitable or not.

When was your trip?

Perhaps they do it occasionally when bar takings are down to encourage people to buy drinks and they will still be making a profit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It could be.

We were on the Royal when the program stopped. One cruise is was in effect & gone the next one.

When it was BOGO for $1 they had to put up ropes at Crooners to control the crowd with 4 bartenders working as fast as they could.

The next cruise, same time of day, there were 4 people sitting at the bar and 1 bartender there for service.

I suppose they're making more money by stopping the program.

Funny that there are so many conflicting reports....the last Princess cruise we could not remember if they had the two for one.....too bad as was a nice perk if you managed to remember the bar and time.."lol".....on Hal it was late afternoon in one of the big bars/lounges in the bow of the ship....very nice......lots of room and good service....with snacks...I wonder if Princess is starting to "dumb down" things as most lines seem to be.....Ken in Kelowna.....

Love this Secrets board! Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy learning helpful tips, and hidden 'good to know' items.

Any more to share?

A lot of firsts for me - First Princess Cruise. First real and long cruise (not counting meh carnival short 3 day cruise 10+ yrs ago). First time to Alaska. Adding tips - you can ask for a fridge. Apparently that isn't always in the room. Useful for keeping tasty excursion treats :). Another - have a Birthday? Let Princess know and for free they give a piece of cake at dinner, and some sort of simple decoration for the room.

Love this Secrets board! Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy learning helpful tips, and hidden 'good to know' items.

Any more to share?

A lot of firsts for me - First Princess Cruise. First real and long cruise (not counting meh carnival short 3 day cruise 10+ yrs ago). First time to Alaska. Adding tips - you can ask for a fridge. Apparently that isn't always in the room. Useful for keeping tasty excursion treats :). Another - have a Birthday? Let Princess know and for free they give a piece of cake at dinner, and some sort of simple decoration for the room.

There's been a refrigerator in every Princess cabin I've ever been on. I don't know where you heard that rumor but to the best of my knowledge it's 100% in error.

Tom

Yes $250 for cruises of 2 weeks and over, $100 for cruises under. We Aussie serving and ex servicemen and women also receive it from Princess, as do the New Zealanders, Brits and Canadians, as well as of course Americans. Once you send your proof of service in to Princess, it goes on your profile. I got 3 lots for this years cruises, Sapphire x 2 ad Royal x 1, buys a few bottles of vino in the MDR, although mine just went on shorex purchases.:halo: The left hand of Princess gave it to me and then the right hand took it away. lol. But still very appreciative.

Hi fellow Aussie, we just booked the regal Baltic cruise departing 12/June 2018 from Copenhagen. Please let me know if the referral will work?? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but when we went to Alaska, they charged for hot chocolate. There was none available in the Lido. I had gotten the word and brought a box of Swiss Miss with me. Someone saw me mixing it up and asked me where I found it as they had searched high and low for it She asked me if I would sell her one. I gave her a package or two during the cruise as I had extra and had a new BBF on the cruise (lol). Don't know if that has changed since our cruise, though.

Perhaps they do it occasionally when bar takings are down to encourage people to buy drinks and they will still be making a profit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Correct, if they are struggling to achieve Beverage Sales targets, the F&B Manager puts on the BOGO, if sales are booming without BOGO, no BOGO, if you know what I mean. Aussies being 'A Grade' drinkers, hard to find BOGO on Princess ships sailing out of Australia, i.e. Sea, Sun, Golden Princesses.:loudcry:

Hi fellow Aussie, we just booked the regal Baltic cruise departing 12/June 2018 from Copenhagen. Please let me know if the referral will work?? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which referral? I don't understand your statement !! If you send in evidence of military service with your cruise details, booking number, Military OBC will be applied.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just found out about the Military benefit...$100 onboard credit for our next 7 day cruise...we are Platinum and could have had this all along...I assumed it was for active duty military but it's both veteran's and active duty!

I have a friend that just booked who is Canadian military. We booked with an agency. Can he call Princess directly to get the military obc?

Question about Elite mini bar set up. On a four week cruise, do you get a mini bar set up each week? Or only one set up for entire cruise?

We have received the free mini bar for each leg of a cruise. Took a 29 day cruise last year that could be bought as a 12 day and a 17 day. At the end of the first leg, a new mini bar was delivered for the second leg.

In order to get the Military discount you fill out their form along with the proof and fax, or email to them asap to get you $100.00 on board credit (for 1/2 of this cruise)

You send them a copy of your DD214 as proof. I sent mine years ago and once is enough. It stays on record.