Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

On other cruise lines they also put the bags through a scanner, but:

a) On one other cruise line if they see a bottle that might contain alcohol they shout out to the person at the alcohol table that you have alcohol, so there is no way to walk past that table unnoticed.

b) On another cruise line the person at the alcohol table has a screen that shows what the scanner is showing security. That person will stop you if he/she sees what might be a bottle with alcohol.

Interesting.

Princess doesn't seem to care as much. If they every begin cracking down like that I might have to use my RumRunners all the time. :')

Have you stayed in a cabin next door to the laundry room?

Just wondering, because I talked to a lady who was in a cabin next to the laundry room and she said she never heard anything.

There have been other posts here asking about laundry room noise and no one ever complains about noise.

If you could hear conversations over the washers/dryers, you'd definitely be able to hear the washers/dryers. That would make those cabins almost unusable and definitely undesirable.

We stayed right across the hall from a laundry room and never heard a sound from it. Didn't hear machines or people talking.

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.

On regal the machines don’t take money. You insert your cruise card and get tokens. 1 load was around 7.00 w/ soap and dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

New secret: (don't tell anyone!)

(Just of the Emerald). The almond croissants, at the International Cafe, are fantastic--especially when warm from the oven. As word got round the ship (30 day cruise) the line got longer each morning... :) They ran out completely some days.

The chocolate/vanilla mousses in the afternoon are great too.

New secret: (don't tell anyone!)

(Just of the Emerald). The almond croissants, at the International Cafe, are fantastic--especially when warm from the oven. As word got round the ship (30 day cruise) the line got longer each morning... :) They ran out completely some days.

Did it have the almond paste inside or just the flavoring? Sound like something I should get the DW. Of course the TheRabbit (AKA the cookie monster) would have to pick up a few cc or oatmeal. OK, you got me, a dozen or so.

OMG - those chocolate mousse things are to die for! I get so disappointed if I go to the International Cafe and they don't have any! They are my favorite thing onboard!

Did it have the almond paste inside or just the flavoring? Sound like something I should get the DW. Of course the TheRabbit (AKA the cookie monster) would have to pick up a few cc or oatmeal. OK, you got me, a dozen or so.

Almond paste :)

Just found out about the Military benefit...$100 onboard credit for our next 7 day cruise...we are Platinum and could have had this all along...I assumed it was for active duty military but it's both veteran's and active duty!

I did "National Service in England 1952-54, 'Peace

time!!!'I only found out about ten years ago that I was able to get military discount with Princess about ten years ago.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Yes

You can use the unused punches on the card (for the specialty coffees) on future cruises - but you cannot use it for the free brewed coffee or tea. That is only (supposed to be) available on the cruise when you buy the card. Usually the voyage # is written on the back of the card.

Don from Halifax

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the tips (secrets). Thank you.

Can I just ask about Coffee cards. We have 2 part used ones from previous cruises. Can we still use them on our up coming cruise.

You can use the unused punches on the card (for the specialty coffees) on future cruises - but you cannot use it for the free brewed coffee or tea. That is only (supposed to be) available on the cruise when you buy the card. Usually the voyage # is written on the back of the card.

Don from Halifax

Don from Halifax

Actually, you can use the coffee card for the regular coffee on cruises after the one where you originally obtained the coffee card, but it will cost you a punch, just like one of the specialty coffees.

Tom

Actually, you can use the coffee card for the regular coffee on cruises after the one where you originally obtained the coffee card, but it will cost you a punch, just like one of the specialty coffees.

Tom

Yes,that is correct. I should have mentioned that. Some of the servers, however, don’t always enforce that.

Thanks

Just found out about the Military benefit...$100 onboard credit for our next 7 day cruise...we are Platinum and could have had this all along...I assumed it was for active duty military but it's both veteran's and active duty!

also,. if you know you cruise on princess, carnival,. holland america and some others - and buy 100 shares of Carnival stock, you would have received another 100. for shipboard credit in addition to military.

On longer than 13 days you get 250 for military and 250 for stock. 500. is a nice gift

Add to that your future cruise shipboard credit and it keeps rising.:):):):)

It depends. If it's sold in shorter segments, ie one week sailings, or two 14-night sailings - then you'll get the mini-bar setup, and all the other Elite perks, each segment (Internet based shortest segments and rolls over, etc).

If it's only sold as a four week cruise, you get one set-up.

we do a lot of b2b cruises and we purchase it as (example) 20 days cruise,. but it would be available as 2 ten day cruises. Anyhow,. we get a second setup for the mni bar which I also turn in for additional coffee cards.:):):)

This is a Top Secret for ice cream lovers.:D If you go to the Library there’s a button under the librarians desk that will open a door behind one of the bookcases. If you go through this door you will be in the back of the kitchen we’re they make all The ICE CREAM. Please bring your own spoon :D This it a SECRET so don’t tell everyone. ;)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

also,. if you know you cruise on princess, carnival,. holland america and some others - and buy 100 shares of Carnival stock, you would have received another 100. for shipboard credit in addition to military.

On longer than 13 days you get 250 for military and 250 for stock. 500. is a nice gift

Add to that your future cruise shipboard credit and it keeps rising.:):):):)

That may have changed recently to getting the $250 for cruises of over 15 or 16 days. My wife and I just got off the Ruby last week and somewhere we saw that the period for $250 OBC was either 15 or 17 days, can't remember which. I know 13 days still appears on the Carnival Stock form that is current for 2018 so I know know if it was just a misprint on some paperwork o what, but we both noticed the change.

Tom

That may have changed recently to getting the $250 for cruises of over 15 or 16 days. My wife and I just got off the Ruby last week and somewhere we saw that the period for $250 OBC was either 15 or 17 days, can't remember which. I know 13 days still appears on the Carnival Stock form that is current for 2018 so I know know if it was just a misprint on some paperwork o what, but we both noticed the change.

Tom

Odd. It has always been:

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or less $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or longer $250

We have a 14 day cruise booked next year and are definitely showing $250 OBC from the Shareholder Benefit on the personalizer.

• 2 months later...
Anyone can order off the Kid's Menu in MDR.

The Volcano Sundae is excellent!!

Deluxe Obstructed Balconies and Obstructed Balconies are listed under Interior cabins for Royal class ships. Sneaky.

That is very interesting.

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.

We didn't need coins - buy tokens with cruise card for machines and soap. No problems . was on Regal in June 18