Toiletries and iron

We are sailing on the Jewel in two weeks. Will an iron and ironing board be available in the cabin? Does RC provide shampoo and soap in the cabins? Finalizing my packing. Getting excited.

No guest irons or ironing boards on any RC ship. The shower will have a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner and there will also be bars of soap.

You will need to "send out" anything you want pressed. There are no irons or laundries on any RCI or Celebrity ship. They don't allow you to bring your own iron, either.

So...iron before you pack or simply don't worry about creases. (By the way, folding creases are NOT wrinkles!)

Bring your own toiletries, unless you're a man...women don't find the provided shampoo/conditioner combo to be very good.

I was gifted a small steamer that I usually bring with on our cruises. Fantastic (and fast!) for unwrinkling the formal night attire and DH's polo shirts!

They are prohibited. They draw too much power and are a fire hazard.

I was gifted a small steamer that I usually bring with on our cruises. Fantastic (and fast!) for unwrinkling the formal night attire and DH's polo shirts!

We've seen those taken way from time to time.

We've seen those taken way from time to time.

They are prohibited. They draw too much power and are a fire hazard.

Huh. Really?? I guess I didn't even think about that. I haven't had any issues with it in the past on CCL, but I suppose each line has their own rules. Thanks for the heads up!

Huh. Really?? I guess I didn't even think about that. I haven't had any issues with it in the past on CCL, but I suppose each line has their own rules. Thanks for the heads up!

I see people get away with bringing them on also. If they do take it away, you will get it back at the end of the cruise.

They are prohibited.

they are indeed,

They draw too much power

My hair dryer draws more, 1850 to be exact, and most usually do so wattage is not the issue.

and are a fire hazard.

Haven't figured out why when they have an auto shut off, but as stated they are against the rules

We take a travel size of the Wrinkle Release, steam a few items by hanging them in the bathroom with the hot water going for a few minutes. If that doesn't do it, we just shrug. Over the course of cruising, we've found a lot of clothing that is wrinkle resistant. Also, when we pack something like a dress shirt, we leave it on the hanger, inside the thin plastic from the dry cleaner and just fold it doubled and lay it on the top. When we get to the cabin, we just open the luggage and hang it in the closet. If you have an extra crease or two, you'll be in good company. ;)

As far as amenities, it also depends on what class of cabin you have.

In the suites, you get bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, along with decent size bar of soap. Like a moderate level hotel.

Trick I learned from too much business travel - while showering allow the clothes to steam. As soon as the water is off, slide the clothes into a dry cleaner plastic bag to trap the steam and help the wrinkles relax. Also, if you are at all particular about toiletries you may want to bring your own.

Most of my clothes for a cruise are cotton. I get them ironed before the cruise and pack them on hangers, by outfits, and put a couple of outfits in a dry cleaner bag. The bags help keep them from getting wrinkled. This also makes for easy unpacking and as I always have more clothes than I wear, easy to re-pack.

Most of my clothes for a cruise are cotton. I get them ironed before the cruise and pack them on hangers, by outfits, and put a couple of outfits in a dry cleaner bag. The bags help keep them from getting wrinkled. This also makes for easy unpacking and as I always have more clothes than I wear, easy to re-pack.

I've become a fan of packing cubes. Clothes don;t seem to wrinkle because they don't shift. Also seems to allow you to pack more items in the same space.

GeekSquad - You can go here to find a list of things that are suggested to bring, along with things that are not allowed. Clothes irons and "steamers" are on that list of "no-no items". Regards

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

I did not see a fan on the do not bring list. I have a small travel fan that I will be bringing [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums