Independence of seas power sockets

StoogeUK

Have got a bit confused if someone can clarify

What power socks are there on the IOS as trying to plan what adapters etc I need

Cheers

There are two 110V US sockets and one 220V Euro socket near the vanity/desk. There is also a combo US/Euro socket in the bathroom for shavers only.

Have got a bit confused if someone can clarify

What power socks are there on the IOS as trying to plan what adapters etc I need

Cheers

There are two 110V US sockets and one 220V Euro socket near the vanity/desk. There is also a combo US/Euro socket in the bathroom for shavers only.

Hello,

Bob (Clarea) is correct about the sockets and their placement. However I would add that they are practically flush with the surface of the vanity/desk so anything you wanted to plug-in might encounter difficulties if it had a moulded cord/lead coming out the bottom. You may need to invert the plug.

Regards,

Cublet

I have a question, somewhere I read on these forums about someone bringing a power strip type thing onboard and it wasn't allowed. Do they allow anything like that as I know I have more than two things that require electricity at the same time???

They do not want power strips with surge protectors. If they see a power strip and are not sure it's safe (no surge protector), then they might take it away for the duration of the cruise.

I have a question, somewhere I read on these forums about someone bringing a power strip type thing onboard and it wasn't allowed. Do they allow anything like that as I know I have more than two things that require electricity at the same time???

If the power strip does not have a surge protector, it should be allowed. We have a couple different devices we bring but they all use USB ports so we brought a multiple USB device on our last sailing and had no issues with security.

Hello,

It may depend on how you pack it. I trail the cord around the perimiter of my case so that it could be taken to be part of the body.

There is a Micro Mart (electricals store) in the mall at Vigo and I bought a x4 power strip for all of 5 euro.

Regards,

Cublet

I need a power outlet at the bedside. Is there one on the Freedom Class. The Oasis class ones are there behind the mattress, but at least they have them.

Thanks

No outlet bedside on Freedom class. If you need an outlet for CPAP, they will give you an extension cord. Contact special_needs@rccl.com.

Not CPAP but white noise machine if I want to sleep. Love my DH but not is snoring. LOL. Can I bring my own extension cord? Not surge protector just an extension cord? Thanks for your quick response

The rule says no extension cords. However, if it is brand new, still in the packaging and does not have a surge protector they MAY let it through. You can also request an extension cord through special needs; explain that you require the white noise machine to sleep. If you don't request one in advance, you can also request one from your cabin attendant once you board.

Also, for additional outlets, instead of power strips, I bring a simple outlet splitter. These are allowed. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-3-Outlet-Grounded/dp/B01LY5WXBY/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1517085716&sr=8-16&keywords=outlet+splitter

Not CPAP but white noise machine if I want to sleep. Love my DH but not is snoring. LOL. Can I bring my own extension cord? Not surge protector just an extension cord? Thanks for your quick response

You may have a problem with an extension cord. I'd bring it, and if it gets taken away, ask for another from your stateroom attendant.

Hello,

It may depend on how you pack it. I trail the cord around the perimiter of my case so that it could be taken to be part of the body.

There is a Micro Mart (electricals store) in the mall at Vigo and I bought a x4 power strip for all of 5 euro.

Regards,

Cublet

Why do you need to hide it ? Is it not because they are a real fire risk ?

Does anyone know if there are bedside power outlets in a Grand Suite on the Independence? My friend will need to use a CPAP machine, but we'll be in a GS.

I'm really glad this thread came up; I know many/most staterooms -- inexplicably -- don't have bedside outlets.

Does anyone know if there are bedside power outlets in a Grand Suite on the Independence? My friend will need to use a CPAP machine, but we'll be in a GS.

I'm really glad this thread came up; I know many/most staterooms -- inexplicably -- don't have bedside outlets.

I don't believe Indy has bedside power outlets. Contact special_needs@rccl.com to arrange for an extension. You may or may not need the extension depending on how the room is arranged, because one side of the bed will be near the vanity/desk area, which has outlets.

Why do you need to hide it ? Is it not because they are a real fire risk ?

Surge protectors and older extension cords do pose a fire risk. That is why I recommend a brand new extension cord still in the package. If they can see it's brand new and does not have a surge protector, they may allow it. However, note that they would still be within their rights to confiscate it.

I don't believe Indy has bedside power outlets. Contact special_needs@rccl.com to arrange for an extension. You may or may not need the extension depending on how the room is arranged, because one side of the bed will be near the vanity/desk area, which has outlets.

--And we'll be having the bed separated into two, which should put one closer to the vanity. Thanks for the info.

The rule says no extension cords. However, if it is brand new, still in the packaging and does not have a surge protector they MAY let it through. You can also request an extension cord through special needs; explain that you require the white noise machine to sleep. If you don't request one in advance, you can also request one from your cabin attendant once you board.

Also, for additional outlets, instead of power strips, I bring a simple outlet splitter. These are allowed. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-3-Outlet-Grounded/dp/B01LY5WXBY/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1517085716&sr=8-16&keywords=outlet+splitter

Thank you!! That would work actually. I will also leave it in its original packaging just in case!!