Category W guarantee suite on Anthem of the Seas

I booked through a TA and he is checking on this but I want to ask here....well because yall know more than most. When I log onto RCCL and click my reservation for stateroom it says "Deluxe Guarantee". When I click that it says Suites on Anthem of the Seas it shows a picture of of a junior spa and describes a junior spa. Under the description it says, "deluxe stateroom guarantee" and says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. When I click the view button, is says "spa junior balcony suite" and describes a jr balcony suite and once again beneath the description it says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. I always thought a superior ocean view stateroom was a balcony not a suite, I could be wrong. Is this how a suite guarantee looks, or should I be very worried that I will be given a balcony instead of suite.

I booked through a TA and he is checking on this but I want to ask here....well because yall know more than most. When I log onto RCCL and click my reservation for stateroom it says "Deluxe Guarantee". When I click that it says Suites on Anthem of the Seas it shows a picture of of a junior spa and describes a junior spa. Under the description it says, "deluxe stateroom guarantee" and says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. When I click the view button, is says "spa junior balcony suite" and describes a jr balcony suite and once again beneath the description it says you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. I always thought a superior ocean view stateroom was a balcony not a suite, I could be wrong. Is this how a suite guarantee looks, or should I be very worried that I will be given a balcony instead of suite.

Regardless of what their broken website states a cat W guarantee is a Junior Suite or better.

Thanks, its my first time booking a gty and i was worried because of what it said online, it's very confusing and leads me to believe it's a balcony not a suite. I don't see the W category anywhere online but its on my confirmation. My TA claims JS, SJS and FJS were sold out and it looks like we will get a GS, he also said there are a few Loft suites available and that's an option, not one likely to happen though----a girl can dream. We are still about 55 days out so time will tell.

Thanks, its my first time booking a gty and i was worried because of what it said online, it's very confusing and leads me to believe it's a balcony not a suite. I don't see the W category anywhere online but its on my confirmation. My TA claims JS, SJS and FJS were sold out and it looks like we will get a GS, he also said there are a few Loft suites available and that's an option, not one likely to happen though----a girl can dream. We are still about 55 days out so time will tell.

That misleading description for the "W" has been around forever. However, the description also used to mention a square footage, which could only apply to JS and better staterooms. I don't know if that square footage is still shown.

That misleading description for the "W" has been around forever. However, the description also used to mention a square footage, which could only apply to JS and better staterooms. I don't know if that square footage is still shown.

The square footage is listed as 267 for the room and 81for the balcony.

I wouldn't go by the availbility you are seeing presently. They can also bump someone up currently in a JS that is higher up on the crown and anchor chain then you to one of those higher suites and then putting you in their JS cabin.

Jimbo:)

I wouldn't go by the availbility you are seeing presently. They can also bump someone up currently in a JS that is higher up on the crown and anchor chain then you to one of those higher suites and then putting you in their JS cabin.

By

Thanks, I didn't look my TA told me that. We will be just fine in a JS. I would like to have something other than a SJS because we have one booked in Nov. But getting one absolutely won't ruin our cruise either, neither will having a pipe dream of something higher than a JS and not getting it. However, what will piss me off is booking a W GTY and getting something less than a JS. That's I was asking about what the website showed.

Thanks, I didn't look my TA told me that. We will be just fine in a JS. I would like to have something other than a SJS because we have one booked in Nov. But getting one absolutely won't ruin our cruise either, neither will having a pipe dream of something higher than a JS and not getting it. However, what will piss me off is booking a W GTY and getting something less than a JS. That's I was asking about what the website showed.

You should be fine, if not make sure you are compensated well for their screwup if there is one. You have your confirmation and it is plain as day. Make sure you keep copies of that and even a screen print showing the W GTY from online.

You should be fine, if not make sure you are compensated well for their screwup if there is one. You have your confirmation and it is plain as day. Make sure you keep copies of that and even a screen print showing the W GTY from online.

What do you mean showing the W GTY from online?

What do you mean showing the W GTY from online?

Log in online to MY cruises on the RCCL.com web site............register with your last name and reservation number, ship and sailing and you should be able to see on there the category you booked with your names.

Once you are on there you can then book excursions, show reservations, dining pay restaurants, drink packages etc.

Didn't your travel agent tell you about this? and your sailing is 55 days away......shame on that travel agent!!!!

Geez what good are travel agents?????

We booked a W. guarantee on Anthem and got a Spa Junior Suite. They look really nice. The guarantee was the same price as a balcony when we booked. I did move us up on deck as I heard too many negative things about the noise on deck 6. We are on deck 7, so I hope it is still a good location.

We were assigned the next day on Anthem. I did book another W guarantee for June and have not received my room yet

Log in online to MY cruises on the RCCL.com web site............register with your last name and reservation number, ship and sailing and you should be able to see on there the category you booked with your names.

Once you are on there you can then book excursions, show reservations, dining pay restaurants, drink packages etc.

Didn't your travel agent tell you about this? and your sailing is 55 days away......shame on that travel agent!!!!

Geez what good are travel agents?????

Oh I did that hence my question, it says deluxe guarantee. I can't find mention of W guarantee anywhere on reservation online

Oh I did that hence my question, it says deluxe guarantee. I can't find mention of W guarantee anywhere on reservation online

They seem to be removing more and more details from the online display. I'd go by the written booking confirmation.

They seem to be removing more and more details from the online display. I'd go by the written booking confirmation.

or adding incorrect details

We're on Ovation in April. Confirmation from TA says W Guarantee. On the RCI website it says JS Guarantee when booking and in My Cruises it shows Deluxe Guarantee. I'm know we'll get a JS or higher. Below is what opens in My Cruises when you click on Stateroom: Deluxe Guarantee. Could it be any more confusing? LOL...

Picture of SJS with the following:

Stateroom images are representative only.

Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2.

(267 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a Deluxe/Suites stateroom, which could be in any Deluxe/Suites category (excluding suites), anywhere on the ship. Room assignments are determined after your reservation has been completed and paid in full.

We're on Ovation in April. Confirmation from TA says W Guarantee. On the RCI website it says JS Guarantee when booking and in My Cruises it shows Deluxe Guarantee. I'm know we'll get a JS or higher. Below is what opens in My Cruises when you click on Stateroom: Deluxe Guarantee. Could it be any more confusing? LOL...

Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2.

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a Deluxe/Suites stateroom, which could be in any Deluxe/Suites category (excluding suites), anywhere on the ship. Room assignments are determined after your reservation has been completed and paid in full.

Yup, that is what ours showed and they assigned us Family Junior Suite.

Sue that's exactly what mine says. I would be so concerned but that excluding suites got me.