First Time - 21st Birthday Cruise

Hello! I have booked a 4 day Carnival Cruise on the Liberty for a friend and mine's 21st birthday. I have been on a cruise before (when I was young) and she has never been on one. We have quite a few questions, that I have been trying to research on. If you guys know about any of these or have any general tips/secrets, please share!

1. What is the benefit of prepaying our gratuities?

2. Any fun suggestions to do in Freeport, Bahamas?

3. Any thoughts on the Carnival Cheers package? Is it worth it? (I imagine we will be drinking quite a bit as it is a 21st birthday party)

4. On a 4 day Carnival Cruise, do we need to pack for an elegant night, and if so, how fancy are we talking?

5. Is it worth it to pre order a bottle and mixers to our stateroom?

6. Is there anything else we should know before we go?

Thanks in advance!

HI welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on booking this cruise.

For all of your Carnival specific questions there is a dedicated board for the Carnival Cruise Line that you may wish to visit and post these questions and to also read some of the posts which you may find informative.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=215

Wishing you both a wonderful cruise.

Keith

Hello! I have booked a 4 day Carnival Cruise on the Liberty for a friend and mine's 21st birthday. I have been on a cruise before (when I was young) and she has never been on one. We have quite a few questions, that I have been trying to research on. If you guys know about any of these or have any general tips/secrets, please share!

1. What is the benefit of prepaying our gratuities? You get them out of the way and paid before the cruise. They are the same price if you pay them on board, they will be applied to your S&S account on day 2.

2. Any fun suggestions to do in Freeport, Bahamas?

3. Any thoughts on the Carnival Cheers package? Is it worth it? (I imagine we will be drinking quite a bit as it is a 21st birthday party) You will need to drink 6-7 alcoholic drinks per day, every day, to break even. A little more if you are only drinking beer. Don't forget that all non-alcoholic drinks are also included (not calculated into the break-even point).

4. On a 4 day Carnival Cruise, do we need to pack for an elegant night, and if so, how fancy are we talking? Elegant night will be day 2 of your cruise. Think "church clothes" and you will be as well or better dressed than most.

5. Is it worth it to pre order a bottle and mixers to our stateroom? Not if you purchase Cheers.

Thanks in advance!

All alcohol-related answers assume that you will both be 21 before embarkation.

4. On a 4 day Carnival Cruise, do we need to pack for an elegant night, and if so, how fancy are we talking?

Here's some info on the dress code

[YOUTUBE]tWjQ7YsRlW0[/YOUTUBE]

Things may have changed a bit since you were young so here are a couple basics...

How your room key works

[YOUTUBE]xRhqWJ4pXR8[/YOUTUBE]

A rundown of the food options

[YOUTUBE]xCOokNivXkI[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for that! Yes! She turns 21 in March, and I turn 21 on our Embarkation day! I think we’ll definitely prepay our gratuities, and most likely get the Cheers package. Thank you guys so much!:D

Just so you don't encounter a nasty surprise when you are checking in for your cruise, you really should contact Carnival Customer Service now at 1-800-764-7419 and make sure you won't have any age problems when boarding or with the drinking age.

Just so you don't encounter a nasty surprise when you are checking in for your cruise, you really should contact Carnival Customer Service now at 1-800-764-7419 and make sure you won't have any age problems when boarding or with the drinking age.

To book cabin, have to be at least 21 on embark day. But yes, best to check with Carnival.