Going Gold to Platinum

Nope, you don't actually become Platinum until after the cruise is over and the points are applied. On your next cruise after that on one of the days you'll get a pin left in your room by your steward.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I'm 1 point away from going to Platinum from Gold. Do I have anything exciting to look forward to on my next cruise other than three cheers and a heartfelt "Hi-Ho!"?

You get a decent balcony discount at Platinum, so make sure you take that into account when you book future cruises.

Nope, you don't actually become Platinum until after the cruise is over and the points are applied. On your next cruise after that on one of the days you'll get a pin left in your room by your steward.

I never got a pin!

You should complain to C&A!!!

The pin is super important for flaunting your status! It goes great on the lapel of my suit on formal nights!!! ;) ;) ;)

Affix it to your Sea Pass card attached to your lanyard and be a super status flaunter.

I'm 1 point away from going to Platinum from Gold. Do I have anything exciting to look forward to on my next cruise other than three cheers and a heartfelt "Hi-Ho!"?

Disappointment. lol. I was so excited to move up each level. Each time, I was surprised that there were almost no additional benefits. (I remember a can of soda and a couple of cookies at one level. lol) The only real difference in benefits comes when you move up to diamond.

Affix it to your Sea Pass card attached to your lanyard and be a super status flaunter.
I don't want to over do it and make people feel bad the entire cruise! A few hours of superiority on the nights I wear a suit is plenty for my frail ego! :)

Cool! Thanks!

Now I know how low I really am. :D

It's going to be super awesome going from Platinum to Emerald...ONE extra box filled in on the chart! LOL

We're hitting Emerald during our next cruise, and with what's currently booked will be Diamond after a cruise in May 2019. THAT jump I'm waiting for!

Our first Emerald cruise is in April, and then after our November cruise we will be 8 points shy of Diamond. Looking forward to that day so I can stop complaining about the diamond lounges taking over public spaces.

Our first Emerald cruise is in April, and then after our November cruise we will be 8 points shy of Diamond. Looking forward to that day so I can stop complaining about the diamond lounges taking over public spaces.

Then you'll just complain that that Diamond Lounge is too crowded! :)

I'm in the same situation, Schlepporello! After my April cruise I'll be moving up to Platinum! *crickets*

The balcony/suite discount would be nice, even if it's small, and I'll always take free snacks, so okay!

My hope is as the kids are getting older, leaving, stealing our cars to go pick up their friends, etc., my husband and I will be able to take more couples-only trips and might be able to rack up some points on Celebrity or Azmara (if there's a good sale) and get to Diamond status a little faster!

Then you'll just complain that that Diamond Lounge is too crowded! :)

And I look forward to making those complaints. :D

My wife got spoiled when we had the Concierge Lounge access with the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. It would be nice to have some perks being frequent returning cruisers, but I'm also looking forward to using my Diamond status on MSC (at least once to see what they are like).

do they even hand out the pins and cards anymore? My coworker never got the card with her C & A number on it and the LA said they don't do those anymore. So I wonder if they only do the Pinnacle pins now.

I've never gotten a card, joined C&A in 2000. I got my Platinum pin in Feb 2016... So, maybe they stopped since then?

do they even hand out the pins and cards anymore? My coworker never got the card with her C & A number on it and the LA said they don't do those anymore. So I wonder if they only do the Pinnacle pins now.

Maybe it was old stock, but I have a friend who just got a Diamond pin on a recent cruise.

Hmmm, it's still listed on the website:

Signature lapel pin

:

For Platinum and above. The FAQ even says to wear your pin:

QWhy does a Crown & Anchor member receive a lapel pin?

A

It is important to us that our onboard staff be able to easily recognize you as a Crown & Anchor Society member. While this information is on your SeaPass® card, by wearing your CAS lapel pin, our onboard staff will be able to recognize you and provide the type of service you expect as a returning guest and Crown & Anchor Society member.