1st timers

janiemac123

hi we have booked our first ever cruise for the ABC islands in oct onboard the celebrity equinox very excited

any tips or hints seeing as its our first time ?? we have booked a 2d cabin with balcony with an obstructed view and apparently all obstructed view cabins are on deck 6 and supposedly a lower deck should be better in preventing seasickness which hopefully wont be a problem but you never know

also we left it up to celebrity to allocate our cabin should i go onto the website and request a cabin if so which no idea here !!

we also have the standard drinks package included is there any way to find out what this includes ?

looking forward to learning all about cruising nice to meet you all xx

hi we have booked our first ever cruise for the ABC islands in oct onboard the celebrity equinox very excited

any tips or hints seeing as its our first time ?? we have booked a 2d cabin with balcony with an obstructed view and apparently all obstructed view cabins are on deck 6 and supposedly a lower deck should be better in preventing seasickness which hopefully wont be a problem but you never know Bonine is your friend!

also we left it up to celebrity to allocate our cabin should i go onto the website and request a cabin if so which no idea here !!

we also have the standard drinks package included is there any way to find out what this includes ? https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

looking forward to learning all about cruising nice to meet you all xx

Welcome to CC. We were on the Equinox last October...ABC Islands. AMAZING! Above I posted the link which includes everything you need to know about the drink packages.

You can subscribe to the roll call of your sailing, there you can chat with guest in the same sailing . Also subscribe to the Meet and Mingle party, this is done the 2nd day (1st at sea), where you will meet the officials and friends from the roll call

Bon Boyage

• 6 months later...
You can subscribe to the roll call of your sailing, there you can chat with guest in the same sailing . Also subscribe to the Meet and Mingle party, this is done the 2nd day (1st at sea), where you will meet the officials and friends from the roll call

Bon Boyage

thanks

The obstructed view balconies to which you refer are, as indicated, on deck 6 as the lifeboats just below obstruct part of your view, mostly downward. If you chose and option to have Celebrity assign your stateroom for you, then you cannot request one and will need to wait until one is assigned. This can be anytime up until sailing date.

If, however, when one is assigned, you would prefer a different location, then if there is availability elsewhere on the ship in the same category as that assigned, you can request a change. This would typically be done directly through Celebrity customer services.

I should note that this is how it is done with US bookings. International bookings may have different guidelines and restrictions. I would contact whomever you booked through to see what your options would be. This would likely be best facilitated with a call v online.

As stated above your GTY cabin will be assigned by Celebrity anytime between now and when you sail. It's generally done within a couple of weeks of booking. They don't notify you when this happens. You have to sign on to your Celebrity account, enter your reservation number and check periodically to see if your cabin has been assigned. Once assigned you should check the location on the deck plans. If you see a better cabin in the same category as the on assigned you can call and ask to be moved.

For example if the cabin assigned is a 2D they you can only move to another 2D. If they assign a 1A then you can only move to another 1A.

Please feel free to ask additional questions. People on this board are extremely helpful to new cruisers.

As stated above your GTY cabin will be assigned by Celebrity anytime between now and when you sail. It's generally done within a couple of weeks of booking. They don't notify you when this happens. You have to sign on to your Celebrity account, enter your reservation number and check periodically to see if your cabin has been assigned. Once assigned you should check the location on the deck plans. If you see a better cabin in the same category as the on assigned you can call and ask to be moved.

For example if the cabin assigned is a 2D they you can only move to another 2D. If they assign a 1A then you can only move to another 1A.

Please feel free to ask additional questions. People on this board are extremely helpful to new cruisers.

just logged in and we have been assigned veranda balcony 7117

Welcome to CC. We were on the Equinox last October...ABC Islands. AMAZING! Above I posted the link which includes everything you need to know about the drink packages.

Usually they give you the Classic Drink Package with the booking perk. Does anyone know if this changed to the standard now or is it still the Classic with drinks up to $9 covered? I just want to point the OP in the right direction for the drink package they were given and also find out as we were given the beverage package and free gratuities for our trip in January 2019. These links are great by the way. You can see all the information in one place so thanks for that. I still check it out every now and then to see if it has changed from Classic to Premium, etc. so I won't be surprised when I embark the ship.

Which sailing date are you on. That cabin is pretty far forward. If you give us the date of your sailing we can see if there is anything in that category back towards the forward elevators.

cheers we are sailing on the 15th oct

what is wrong with a forward cabin remember this is our first cruise so we have no idea what to expect

I just noticed you said Oct. Well both of those cruises are full in the verandah categories. They use these GTY prices to fill the last cabins. You have picked a great itinerary and a great ship. I'm going to be on Equinox next week. Relax and enjoy the cruise.

Nothing wrong with it. Long walk to the other end of the ship. Most prefer midship which is why they go first. In some seas you can get a bit more motion forward if the ship is pitching (up and down vs rolling side to side). I wouldn't worry about it. Do make sure to join your roll call and feel free to ask as many questions there as you need. These fall cruises in the Caribbean are full of experienced cruisers willing to help.

Link to your roll call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507978

cheers we are sailing on the 15th oct

what is wrong with a forward cabin remember this is our first cruise so we have no idea what to expect

The farther forward the more you feel the movement of the ship, you are also farther from the food;p. You can look to see if any other cabins are open in the category they assigned you. If there are you should be able to call and request one of the open cabins. Shoot for as close to the middle of the ship, but even towards the back is better than near the front.

I just noticed you said Oct. Well both of those cruises are full in the verandah categories. They use these GTY prices to fill the last cabins. You have picked a great itinerary and a great ship. I'm going to be on Equinox next week. Relax and enjoy the cruise.

yup according to my booking we have veranda 7117

I'm the Seasick Queen and follow a strict regimen to prevent getting seasick. There are multiple options for both preventing and/or treating seasickness:

1. Seabands (available at your drug store) wrist bands

2. Over the counter meds like non-drowsy Dramamine, Bonine, Antivert (Meclazine) taken at least two days before cruising and throughout the cruise

3. Scopolomine patches (available only by prescription)

4. Ginger pills, ginger candy, ginger gum

5. Green apples

A ship the size of the Equinox will have minimal rocking, due to the stabilizers on a Solstice class ship. You are going to love cruising!

I'm the Seasick Queen and follow a strict regimen to prevent getting seasick. There are multiple options for both preventing and/or treating seasickness:

1. Seabands (available at your drug store) wrist bands

2. Over the counter meds like non-drowsy Dramamine, Bonine, Antivert (Meclazine) taken at least two days before cruising and throughout the cruise

3. Scopolomine patches (available only by prescription)

4. Ginger pills, ginger candy, ginger gum

5. Green apples

A ship the size of the Equinox will have minimal rocking, due to the stabilizers on a Solstice class ship. You are going to love cruising!

6. Accupuncture. The only cruise my wife ever got seasick on was when she was pregnant. Because of the pregnancy, she would not take any drugs whatsoever and the seabands, ginger and green apples provided her no relief. We were not big believers in acupuncture - but were willing to try almost anything. She could not believe how well it worked. This was a number of years ago and she hasn't needed it again since, but would not hesitate if the situation warranted.

Mike

The farther forward the more you feel the movement of the ship, you are also farther from the food;p. You can look to see if any other cabins are open in the category they assigned you. If there are you should be able to call and request one of the open cabins. Shoot for as close to the middle of the ship, but even towards the back is better than near the front.

You are also closer to the Solarium, spa cafe, mast grill, theater, spa, fitness center, solstice deck and sky observation lounge, and have a full unobstructed view from the balcony. Certainly there are worse GTY assignments. I believe another poster indicated that the OP's category is sold out, so it may not be possible to move.

thanks for all these replies, i will go on live chat and see if i can swap and let you know if i am succesful. I am not too worried about being far away from the food as i can run ;p

any other top tips are most welcome being a first timer

nervous and excited at the same time