"Star Savings" Star Class Disount

Frankly, I don't think the Star Class rooms are selling as well as they have in the past. I think the MUCH higher price tag plus the non-refundable deposit may be contributing factors. When they first came out, you couldn't get one anywhere for any price. Now I see that most every sailing has at least 1 Star Class and some have several, available. Perhaps it's just that the novelty has worn off. Don't know.

Frankly, I don't think the Star Class rooms are selling as well as they have in the past. I think the MUCH higher price tag plus the non-refundable deposit may be contributing factors. When they first came out, you couldn't get one anywhere for any price. Now I see that most every sailing has at least 1 Star Class and some have several, available. Perhaps it's just that the novelty has worn off. Don't know.

My thoughts are as follows:

There is much more inventory with 4 ships and anthem. All the advertisement is for the newest and brightest thereby Allure and Oasis bookings are down.

Also with the non non refundable deposits, the more than average cruiser will wait.

Lastly, their have been some negative reviews of Star class in the recent months and the new cruiser that would book those suites are opting for other choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's personal preference. It is only my husband and myself so the interior space wasn't a big deal. I had an L2 and didn't care for it because I couldn't enjoy peaceful evenings or mornings because of the loud music and basketball court. Although I did nit hear it in my room. Also it did not get any breeze since we were facing backwards. My husband prefers the ocean side. If it was the only one available I would take it because it does have a view of the ocean from the side of the balcony. Hope this helps.

I have not yet been in any of the ocean-facing Sky/Star Loft suites (will be in one on Allure April 8) but I have been in the aft-facing one. While the view is primarily off the aft, of the basketball/minigolf area, there is a limited view of the ocean.

Irishgal432.. why did you switch to 1718? My mom is concerned that 1720 only overlooks the aft (versus water) while others say 1720 has the larger main living space. Look forward to anyone's take ..

Thanks!

Dh and I love 1720. You get both an ocean view and be able to watch the happenings on the back. We have had that room 3 times

There is a pretty good price on Star class loft on the May 20, 2018 Oasis. Also actually on all suites, plus the free gratuities. I booked a JS and although it will say now "none available" I believe there is one more on deck 7 so you have to call. The last crown loft is available also at a better than usual price with free gratuities! So it does look like some cruises are being discounted. Final on the 5/20 is Feb 19th.

I saw that May 2018 Oasis, but my husband put the no go on it. We are on April and then taking the kids after college exams to Hawaii in early May and he is out of vacation:(

Hmm Oasis vs Hawaii:confused::eek: I would do Hawaii too. Out of vacation by May is terrible! We're retired now so every day is a vacation day now!!:D

Hmm Oasis vs Hawaii:confused::eek: I would do Hawaii too. Out of vacation by May is terrible! We're retired now so every day is a vacation day now!!:D

He accrues it by days, so every x amount of days he gets more hours. He will have more throughout the year, but not by May to cover an extra cruise thrown in.

Although he did just tell me you can go negative on vacation. Bad move on his part.