yacht club dining room menu

pacruzer02

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Guiseppe/Pepe was our YC restaurant host in August on the Seaside. He ran an excellent operation. Anything we wanted was available. The key is to know that you're in the YC and that you shouldn't hesitate to ask if you want something. If it is somewhere on the ship, they will get it for you.You may have to wait for the next day's meal if it is something elaborate, but if you want it -- ask! The one exception that has been talked about all over the boards is fresh waffles. For some reason, the YC waffles are the (disappointing) frozen type. If you have a cruise coming up and there is some food that is important to you, search the boards for any "watch outs" before you cruise. The YC bar was the same -- they made us our own "Holiday Coffee" when we told them that we like our weekend coffee with coconut rum and Bailey's Irish Cream. Every morning after breakfast, Justin had our Holiday Coffee waiting for us. 🙂 The more you know, the better your cruise will be. They aim to please and you will also be pleased if you communicate with them!

That was not our experience with dining in YC last month at least with one team.  For whatever reason, we had one wait team that  was less than excellent.

We had come in with a glass of Pinot Noir wine. From the Top Sail lounge. Up the stairs into the restaurant. Asked for a fresh glass at dinner when it was empty - told "nope, we're out".  Not, let me check or give me a minute just "nope, were out of that wine". I  politely pointed out that the empty glass on our table was actually PN, from downstairs, abd he reiterated they were out - across the ship! 

So, off I went to grab a glass from downstairs. Told the bartender down in TS about the waiter's comment, and she gave me the bottle to take upstairs.  Go figure. Let the maitre'd know on our way out what had happened and got a "sorry, we were really  busy though" apology.  While not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I mean, we got the wine!, it was an interesting experience to say the least.  We just asked to be seated elsewhere the rest of the trip.  

We had a great time and have YC booked for two more cruises.. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, reedprincess said:

Outdoors in the smoking section. Forward of the Too Sail lounge on the outside loungers starboard side. And upstairs in pool deck, starboard side. Nowhere indoors in the YC

Not true on Divina.  There was an indoor smoking section within the Top Sail lounge on our Sept. W. Med cruise.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Not true on Divina.  There was an indoor smoking section within the Top Sail lounge on our Sept. W. Med cruise.

That's good to know. As I was responding to a question specifically about Seaside, that's the info I gave. 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

That's good to know. As I was responding to a question specifically about Seaside, that's the info I gave. 

I gather, from other comments in threads here, that the smoking policy varies not just by ship but by itinerary, with European cruises (which is what I was on) more lenient.  I wonder if Divina allows the same indoor Topsail Lounge smoking when it is sailing more 'US' itineraries.  Or if Seaside allows it on 'European' sailings.

IAC, I'll be curious what the smoking situation will be on Meraviglia when we sail on her to the Baltic and Norway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, reedprincess said:

That was not our experience with dining in YC last month at least with one team.  For whatever reason, we had one wait team that  was less than excellent.

We had come in with a glass of Pinot Noir wine. From the Top Sail lounge. Up the stairs into the restaurant. Asked for a fresh glass at dinner when it was empty - told "nope, we're out".  Not, let me check or give me a minute just "nope, were out of that wine". I  politely pointed out that the empty glass on our table was actually PN, from downstairs, abd he reiterated they were out - across the ship! 

So, off I went to grab a glass from downstairs. Told the bartender down in TS about the waiter's comment, and she gave me the bottle to take upstairs.  Go figure. Let the maitre'd know on our way out what had happened and got a "sorry, we were really  busy though" apology.  While not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I mean, we got the wine!, it was an interesting experience to say the least.  We just asked to be seated elsewhere the rest of the trip.  

We had a great time and have YC booked for two more cruises.. 

When we sailed Seaside YC last July, we encountered a similar situation with our wine from the lounge.  I really enjoyed the Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay and brought a glass up to dinner.  I asked for a refill and our waiter came back and apologized for the delay, but they did not carry it in the restaurant.  He then went down to the lounge and got a bottle and kept a couple of bottles in the restaurant for the rest of the cruise just for us!  Luv the YC treatment and we're sailing again in less than 2 mos!

• Like 1