yacht club dining room menu

pacruzer02

Besides Arthur's service, the cold water 7 oz tails for dinner on Thursday and the 3 oz tails for lunch at the grill on Friday, there wasn't anything special about the YC.

Unless your talking "food only"....it would appear you are alone saying there is nothing real special about the YC ..... As a matter of fact if you are just talking food.... I haven't seen anything negative or "so so" as well???? What gives??

Q1: Yes Arthur was on Divina, Mario is maitre d, not sure if he was on Divina.

Q2: Arthur usually makes recommendations and can alter menu items within limits.

Q3: Sorry, I haven't seen any.

Q4: We usually made specialty reservations ourselves, but have used concierge to modify them. Specialty waiters roam the ship constantly trying to book people. Certain times do fill up by the third day.

Thought Luigi was the Maitre d. Have they recently changed?

While I usually didn't partake Luigi also offered a freshly made pasta dish three nights per week.

This is something I was really surprised was never in the MDR, even on Italian night. And of course it should have been at the buffets. Did they offer half portions of pasta in YC? That was another thing that should have been offered.

Say hello to Sherry for us :).

This is something I was really surprised was never in the MDR, even on Italian night. And of course it should have been at the buffets. Did they offer half portions of pasta in YC? That was another thing that should have been offered.

Say hello to Sherry for us :).

Since it was made fresh right there, you could ask for as much or as little as you wanted. Same with the awesome desserts he prepared. Same when it was served at the pool grill.

Unless your talking "food only"....it would appear you are alone saying there is nothing real special about the YC ..... As a matter of fact if you are just talking food.... I haven't seen anything negative or "so so" as well???? What gives??
OK...here's what gives....only had breakfast twice in the sit down portion of the YC. First time was OK, had an egg white omelette with spinach and cheese with a bagel. Would have been nice if our table was offered the individual jellies/jams which I noticed on an adjacent table when we were leaving on a two tiered metal tray. The second time, on disembarkation morning, got waffles with blueberry sauce and the waffles were the rectangular type that were perfectly shaped and came out cold. They obviously were not the type found at the buffet area on all of the US based cruise lines we are accustomed to. Which are hot, right from a nearby waffle maker and usually available with bananas foster and other toppings to choose from. Kind of disappointing that the buffet on other lines had better breakfasts. The fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit were nice the two mornings I had it in the YC, but it came in a small 7 oz glass and I was never asked if I wanted more, even when the glass was empty when my entree was served. Not the type of service I expected in the YC.

Regarding other negatives...the night that I had prime rib and the day that they carved prime rib at lunch time, you could not get it rare or medium rare. Just medium and above. Arthur said it was good, so I got it medium and I choked it down since there was only a faint hint of pink to it. Was also frustrating that most of their cuts of meat had sauces on them, so I just got it on the side. Prime rib might have au jus, but never a heavy gravy over it. Must be to moisten it up a bit since rare and medium rare could not be found at all, even in the "upscale" YC restaurant.

The prawns at the YC grill at lunch must have been done by the same chef as the prime rib because they were way overcooked and the leg of lamb they carved one afternoon had that gray look without a bit of pink as well. Maybe it's a European thing, I don't know. But I like my beef and lamb items primarily rare and my duck medium rare.

I don't want this to turn into a bitch-fest, but you asked me to further explain. I will be typing up a full review with my positives as well as negatives from our week.

• Like 1

Since it was made fresh right there, you could ask for as much or as little as you wanted. Same with the awesome desserts he prepared. Same when it was served at the pool grill.
You mentioned awesome desserts as a plural. During our week, the only made to order desserts that I recall was the ONE night they had the fantastic crepe suzette. The penne with tomato sauce at the grill was very good and could be proportioned in small or larger quantities.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 5:08 AM, Katgoesonholiday said:

I’ve enjoyed the photos and menus posted! It’s still nearly a year till our cruise but I love reading about the Seaside and it’s Yacht Club.

I agree...we are going in February 2020 and I am loving the posts of the menu's.  We were just on Princess 2 weeks ago and we go on NCL in September.  So I am looking forward to trying out MSC to see how we like it.  The Yacht Club looks awesome....and I am looking forward to trying their pizza which I heard was delicious!  

Thank you so much for the menu pics which give me some insight as  to what I can expect in January in YC. I'm ridiculously excited that we get to have this experience!

On 2/27/2019 at 8:47 PM, CUontheC said:

I agree...we are going in February 2020 and I am loving the posts of the menu's.  We were just on Princess 2 weeks ago and we go on NCL in September.  So I am looking forward to trying out MSC to see how we like it.  The Yacht Club looks awesome....and I am looking forward to trying their pizza which I heard was delicious!  

We just got off the Seaside YC this morning. The ship and cruise was wonderful. The staff was excellent. I too heard that the pizza was delicious, I was very disappointed, I found nothing special at all. 

5 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

Is smoking allowed in the Yacht Club?

because of the cigar menu

That would be a deal breaker for us

Outdoors in the smoking section. Forward of the Too Sail lounge on the outside loungers starboard side. And upstairs in pool deck, starboard side. Nowhere indoors in the YC

I liked most of the meals on YC Seaside, but oddly, their Italian Night, was by far the worst meal I had there.  In fact, I never had any good pasta, the whole week I was there.  If you insist on rare, like I did, I could get rare meat, including the Prime Rib.  Also, I asked for an "off menu item" in advance, and was given Lobster Thermidor, on Lobster night.

The in-room dining options for YC, are definitely substandard for a Mainstream Line, not to mention a Premium/Luxury one.  Suites on Royal Caribbean get the full Dining Room Menu: notice that ALL Luxury & Premium Lines offer this to guests.  Why do the MSC Butlers, not serve your Room Service, "course by course", like Suite Guests, with Celebrity?

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

The in-room dining options for YC, are definitely substandard for a Mainstream Line, not to mention a Premium/Luxury one.  Suites on Royal Caribbean get the full Dining Room Menu: notice that ALL Luxury & Premium Lines offer this to guests.  Why do the MSC Butlers, not serve your Room Service, "course by course", like Suite Guests, with Celebrity?

If that's part of the reason MSC YC is so much cheaper than Celebrity's suite prices, I am happy to give it up and walk to the YC restaurant – especially on the newer ships where is it right near all YC cabins.  But this is a good warning to those who prefer in-suite dining that MSC isn't the cruise line for them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

But Yacht Club only ships, will need to have this, to compete in the Miami market.

Again, if they offer the current YC prices on 1,000 passenger ships – I will gladly give up in-suite dining by the course.  You may think they will be competing with Seabourn, but I think they are competing with Viking Ocean. Many 'luxury' cruisers on Cruise Critic swear they will never set foot on a 1,000 passenger ship under any circumstances.

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Outdoors in the smoking section. Forward of the Too Sail lounge on the outside loungers starboard side. And upstairs in pool deck, starboard side. Nowhere indoors in the YC

So nowhere in the YC area even the pool? Or outside in YC area

We are just off the Preziosa.  Yes, Pepe (Giuseppe) is the YC Restaurant Manager. The restaurant on the Preziosa is aft on Deck 15, the Palmieaire.  We were on for the full 2 weeks. Pepe promised a new menu each evening and he delivered. Amazingly varied menus by the chef. There were only three evenings that Joann ordered the off-menu, but always available, salmon. Steak also off-menu, but available any night. It's a little different that MSC 'hides' the available every evening items, but they are 'available.' Just ask.  Kokan from Macedonia and Louis from Cuba were our servers. Outstanding young servers.  I would definitely say already on a par with Arthur.  Pepe took care of us with selection of servers.

Menu was definitively a more European one, given that over 90% of the guests were European for this French Caribbean itinerary. preziosa only spends winter's in Caribbean. Sorry we don't take pictures of menus. Food was very good to excellent. Portions for dinner were sometimes almost US-Sized, which I found surprising. We only ate lunch in the restaurant one day. That menu was disappointing. But we did have the grill at the pool. Not as extensive as the Seaside, but still quite adequate.

I thought Pepe's overall staff was superior on Preziosa to Seaside.  He did admit he has a better staff ratio on Preziosa. He was as usual constantly prepping his staff. 

Great cruise, not just the dining.  I will do a short review when we get home.

Hi to Hamrag and wife, who we did meet on the first two days before they disembarked in Barbados.

Dennis

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hbe said:

We just got off the Seaside YC this morning. The ship and cruise was wonderful. The staff was excellent. I too heard that the pizza was delicious, I was very disappointed, I found nothing special at all. 

Well if all the other things are wonderful it will be ok :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

So nowhere in the YC area even the pool? Or outside in YC area

All of those are inside the YC area, although outdoors. No, not in the pool. Yes, starboard side of the pool deck/bar/grill area. Nowhere inside in the YC area. The area forward of the lounge is fairly well protected. 

Guiseppe/Pepe was our YC restaurant host in August on the Seaside. He ran an excellent operation. Anything we wanted was available. The key is to know that you're in the YC and that you shouldn't hesitate to ask if you want something. If it is somewhere on the ship, they will get it for you. You may have to wait for the next day's meal if it is something elaborate, but if you want it -- ask! The one exception that has been talked about all over the boards is fresh waffles. For some reason, the YC waffles are the (disappointing) frozen type. If you have a cruise coming up and there is some food that is important to you, search the boards for any "watch outs" before you cruise. The YC bar was the same -- they made us our own "Holiday Coffee" when we told them that we like our weekend coffee with coconut rum and Bailey's Irish Cream. Every morning after breakfast, Justin had our Holiday Coffee waiting for us. 🙂 The more you know, the better your cruise will be. They aim to please and you will also be pleased if you communicate with them!

• Like 1