yacht club dining room menu

pacruzer02

Italian night dinner

FWIW, that's the same menu as in the MDR. And now I realize that the disgusting mess underneath the chicken marsala was swiss chard, not spinach.

PS I never got your contact info last week -- please email me, you have my card :).

FWIW, that's the same menu as in the MDR. And now I realize that the disgusting mess underneath the chicken marsala was swiss chard, not spinach.

PS I never got your contact info last week -- please email me, you have my card :).

I'm surprised that the yacht club and the main dining room would share the same menu. I was under the impression they were always completely different. That seems odd...

• Like 1

I'm surprised that the yacht club and the main dining room would share the same menu. I was under the impression they were always completely different. That seems odd...

I completely agree! You would think they could have come up with a separate Yacht Club Italian Night menu with the premium everyone is paying to stay in the Yacht Club.

• Like 1

I completely agree! You would think they could have come up with a separate Yacht Club Italian Night menu with the premium everyone is paying to stay in the Yacht Club.

Are we 100% sure that is actually the Yacht Club menu? Or that they are actually the exact same? When I was on Divina, the main dining room menu and the Yacht Club menu were completely different every night.

FWIW, that's the same menu as in the MDR.

Last week we ate in Seashore for Italian night and the two menus definitely looked similar. I felt the ossobucco was very good. We skipped it in YC last night and went to Butchers Cut, but that would have been an interesting comparison. I've only eaten in the MDR a couple times but I do feel the YC food is usually a bit better, but a poor menu item choice can always happen. Luckily we have an excellent waiter that has always steered us in the right direction.

Last week we ate in Seashore for Italian night and the two menus definitely looked similar. I felt the ossobucco was very good. We skipped it in YC last night and went to Butchers Cut, but that would have been an interesting comparison. I've only eaten in the MDR a couple times but I do feel the YC food is usually a bit better, but a poor menu item choice can always happen. Luckily we have an excellent waiter that has always steered us in the right direction.

May I ask the name of your waiter? I am going to try to request one once we board to ensure we get good service all week!

Hey, thank you so much for these YC menus. My wife and I were going through them last night and it was very helpful.

Q1 - By chance is the YC restaurant maître d "Mario" and is one of the waiters "Arthur?" On Divina YC last year; they were 'the best (and we've heard others were too).

Q - 2 Also, last year on a B2B in YC, I ordered off the menu from the 3rd day on based on what I liked and what Arthur told me that there were for alternatives. Do you know if this is still the practice?

Q - 3 Also, by chance, did you notice if anyone was having either fruit, protein or green "smoothies" for breakfast in the YC? Again, last year I asked for one every other day, gave them the general recipes (wife is fruit, I'm green smoothies) and the chef had it taken care of.

Q - 4 Did you make reservations for specialty dining ahead of time? If not, did the YC Concierge take care of it for you? Or did you simply make it right at the specialty restaurant? Were they 'full?

Again, thanks so much already for the menus. If you can help with these questions, great; if not, no a problem.

Thank you so much for posting! My husband will love Italian cold cuts for breakfast. The dishes of olives and little sweets look good, too. I like the menu - just hope the food is good quality. We enjoy a big colorful salad everyday, and that seems to be one thing we will miss, YC or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Joe...hope that everything is going well and that there is enough Sam Adams for you. Also, give our best to your better half as well as the gentleman known as Arthur, whom I miss serving me my double espresso with shot of Bailey's on the side to put a bit in and then pour the rest over my ice cream of choice that evening. ;)

May I ask the name of your waiter? I am going to try to request one once we board to ensure we get good service all week!

Arthur, highly recommended by us and others on CC. He's very knowledgeable and detail oriented, takes note of all our preferences and puts his personal flair into every movement. While not our waiter, William also shows his experience and gets along well with English speakers, but currently he is not assigned to any set area so may be difficult to get for the entire week. We also have noted Alessandra giving excellent service.

Q1 - By chance is the YC restaurant maître d "Mario" and is one of the waiters "Arthur?"

Q - 2 Also, last year on a B2B in YC, I ordered off the menu from the 3rd day on based on what I liked and what Arthur told me that there were for alternatives. Do you know if this is still the practice?

Q - 3 Also, by chance, did you notice if anyone was having either fruit, protein or green "smoothies" for breakfast in the YC? Again, last year I asked for one every other day, gave them the general recipes (wife is fruit, I'm green smoothies) and the chef had it taken care of.

Q - 4 Did you make reservations for specialty dining ahead of time? If not, did the YC Concierge take care of it for you? Or did you simply make it right at the specialty restaurant? Were they 'full?

Q1: Yes Arthur was on Divina, Mario is maitre d, not sure if he was on Divina.

Q2: Arthur usually makes recommendations and can alter menu items within limits.

Q3: Sorry, I haven't seen any.

Q4: We usually made specialty reservations ourselves, but have used concierge to modify them. Specialty waiters roam the ship constantly trying to book people. Certain times do fill up by the third day.

• Like 1

Q1: Yes Arthur was on Divina, Mario is maitre d, not sure if he was on Divina.

Q2: Arthur usually makes recommendations and can alter menu items within limits.

Q3: Sorry, I haven't seen any.

Q4: We usually made specialty reservations ourselves, but have used concierge to modify them. Specialty waiters roam the ship constantly trying to book people. Certain times do fill up by the third day.

Boschmann, thanks so much.

And I have to wait 148 more days. Quit teasing. J/K. Keep posting and thank you
Besides Arthur's service, the cold water 7 oz tails for dinner on Thursday and the 3 oz tails for lunch at the grill on Friday, there wasn't anything special about the YC.

Besides Arthur's service, the cold water 7 oz tails for dinner on Thursday and the 3 oz tails for lunch at the grill on Friday, there wasn't anything special about the YC.

It is well documented that you didn't like your first MSC cruise in an inside YC. Enough already.

It is well documented that you didn't like your first MSC cruise in an inside YC. Enough already.
Really, a few postings is far from well documentation. Obviously you're another myopic MSC flag waver that thinks that MSC does no wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, just like I am entitled to mine. Which will be laid out with the positives as well as the negatives when I sit down and compose my full review.

I know on RCCL in Coastal Kitchen, They would have similar items on the menu, however, they were prepared much better and visually different in Coastal than the MDR.

The Escargot didn't look anything like the One served in the MDR. Taste was much better in Coastal. Perhaps that's it.

I've eaten in the MDR three times now. For me, breakfast item quality and selection was very similar. Lunch item quality and choice was better in YC, but not always. We have made a few bad choices, the legume/vegetable burrito and the Reuben sandwich yesterday were terrible. While the one dinner we had in the MDR was good the YC dining room food quality is usually a step above.

I will agree with you regarding the pool deck grill. After our conversations with Scala, and then Massa and later with Ivan & Zigggy the salad bar and vegetable choices have improved a bit. While YC grill offers high end proteins (admittedly often overcooked), deck eight buffet still offers more variety & choices we would prefer. The buffet salad bar has also made some notable improvements this week. However eating quietly on the YC pool deck cannot be compared to the usual ruckus during breakfast and lunch at the buffet.

Where the YC dining room excells is ambiance and attention to detail. You will never run out of water, wait for a drink from the bar, or have to look for your waiter. Any problem or special requests are dealt with immediately. I've never felt crowded near another table or had servers have to squeeze behind me. While I usually didn't partake Luigi also offered a freshly made pasta dish three nights per week. The nightly live piano and violin recitals were a bonus to us.

I was just talking to Sherry this morning about whether if we sailed Seaside again (we only sail off peak times) would YC be needed. We both agreed the food would not be the deciding factor. But the refuge from the big ship crowds and frenzy that the restaurant, lounge and pool area offer would probably ensure our return. YC would be an absolute must if cruising the summer months, but that is the type of vacation relaxation I'm looking for.

• Like 2

I missed today's lunch menu as we ate at the YC grill (they had 1/2 whole lobsters today) and at the buffet. We also ordered the Green Papaya Salad from Roy's, we were charged full price but still worth it. Dinner menu for tonight.

07a3537b4149a752e9126eabbff77bd3.jpg

67cf06264f330f35e114c1f8b09106a5.jpg

b77e3f135731307fd944d5ddcb42ed28.jpg

• Like 1