Hotel recommendation for 3 nights in Fort Lauderdale

Cshgrand

I’d be grateful for some help with my research into a hotel for 3 nights (18th to 21st October 2018) in Fort Lauderdale. Don’t know the area at all and Internet research doesn’t always give best picture of the feel of the area.

It will be my son (9) and I spending three holiday days before boarding a cruise. The pool area and proximity to beach is important, as is the ability to walk to restaurants etc as we won’t have a car. We’d love somewhere where we can see the port too.

I have a max of $170 ish a night but if I can the right thing for less, all the better.

Plenty of choices but given your budget and requirements I would start the research with the Bahia Mar!

On the beach and close to restaurants and water taxi and the Port.

We paid $172 a night for a booking later this year.

You could stay further from the beach and pay less if you are willing to Uber or use the trolley bus?

I just looked at TripAdvisor for beach hotels for your dates and in the price range I find:

• Bahia Mar - $149/night
  • Best Western Oceanside - $150/night

Either of these would be a good choice. They are on or across the street from the beach, on the Sun Trolley (www.suntrolley.com) route for cheap transportation ($1/ride or $3/day pass), close to water taxi stops (www.watertaxi.com), and within walking distance of the Jungle Queen (www.junglequeen.com) and lots of restaurants.

I second John's suggestion to consult www.sunny.org. It even has a section on attractions with special appeal to kids.

I'd up your budget and stay at the Margaritaville. $269/night. Nothing in the area comes close to the pool/beach they have there, plus it's right on the broadwalk.

Fabulous place and great area I agree. Does your rate include the resort fees, etc? Every time I check the rooms are way over $300 a night all included. Basically double the budget of the OP.

Fabulous place and great area I agree. Does your rate include the resort fees, etc? Every time I check the rooms are way over $300 a night all included. Basically double the budget of the OP.

Probably does not include those fees. I just checked their website real quick. Everyone has a different budget, but I'd up my budget to just do it right, personally.

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanside for 3 nights in early December and would stay there again. It's a little bit farther from eating places than the Bahia Mar but still definitely doable and it has an included breakfast buffet which is very good and may make it more economical than some other places.

Check out the lodging in Lauderdale by the Sea. All of the hotels / motels are independently run, and a car is not needed to get around, as everything is within walking distance.

http://www.lbts.com/list/category/hotels-resorts-10

The newest hotel is Plunge Beach hotel. For your dates, a room in the beach building is $165/night. Lots of amenities are included in their resort fee as well.

https://www.plungebeachhotel.com/about-plunge-beach-hotel

Check out the lodging in Lauderdale by the Sea. All of the hotels / motels are independently run, and a car is not needed to get around, as everything is within walking distance.

http://www.lbts.com/list/category/hotels-resorts-10

The newest hotel is Plunge Beach hotel. For your dates, a room in the beach building is $165/night. Lots of amenities are included in their resort fee as well.

https://www.plungebeachhotel.com/about-plunge-beach-hotel

This is exactly what we are looking for, thank you so much.

We have three nights pre cruise and are staying on Hollywood Beach in the Hotel Europa. This is right on the Broadwalk and two steps away from the beach. I've stayed there before and the rooms are ideal for what I need and are well within your budget.

I’d be grateful for some help with my research into a hotel for 3 nights (18th to 21st October 2018) in Fort Lauderdale. Don’t know the area at all and Internet research doesn’t always give best picture of the feel of the area.

It will be my son (9) and I spending three holiday days before boarding a cruise. The pool area and proximity to beach is important, as is the ability to walk to restaurants etc as we won’t have a car. We’d love somewhere where we can see the port too.

I have a max of $170 ish a night but if I can the right thing for less, all the better.

Try Choice Hotels, they have several good hotels at reasonable prices if you reserve early. Some include transport to/from airport and to the Cruiseport. Good luck.

Check both the Doubletree Gallery One and the Hilton Beach Resort. They are our go to hotels and are within your price range for those dates. Gallery One isn't close to the beach but the water taxi stops directly outside the back door. The Beach Resort is on the beach with plenty of stuff to walk to. Both have large rooms and nice pools. The Gallery One is all suites with kitchens and Beach Resort has some kitchens if that's important. If you book let me know I have some suggestions for food.

GalleriaOne was working on their dock so water taxi may not be stopping there now. Best to call before booking.

Nothing mentioned on the Water Taxi www site, still shows as a stop.

They've had an alert on their website post-Irma. It now reads: GALLERYone is entering its final stages of restoration from Hurricane Irma damage which will include carpet and drywall installation in many of our Suites. In addition the Dock & Sea Wall are being rebuilt on the Intracoastal Waterway. Please pardon our appearance and bear with us for any slight inconvenience as these transformative enhancements are focused on achieving even better experiences here for you, our valued guest!

As EllenSunny recommends, call them for updates.

I like the 17th st area before a cruise but in your case you have 3 nights.

Ii just checked Priceline express deals for your dates. They have a 4 Star in the cruise port area that will be bear 17th st for $122 a night. We have had great luck with those express deals. I don’t think you can go wrong with a 4 Star.

Sent from my iPad using Forums