Hole punch on board

famof4togo

Super silly question but...will somewhere on board (guest services or maybe kids club) that will have a hole punch for our cards? Our group has nice lanyards for our cruise but I wasn't sure if I needed to get those plastic sleeves or if I can just get my card punched on board?

Thanks in advance....

Take your own hole punch. Not all cruises have cards pre punched but they should.
Wouldn't a hole punch show up as a large metal object? My ex-gf had her luggage held on Celebrity for hours because she had small scissors in her checked.

Hey there shipper50, no problem taking a hole punch with you, they are allowed even in carry on. I have taken mine on several cruises and airlines and have never been questioned. It beats having to go around right away and look for someone to punch your card. It takes up very minimal space and I can be wearing my card while I’m still waiting to board!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most times the cards are already punched. Many years ago, when they weren’t, I carried a small single hole punch in my bag. Make sure not to punch the magnetic strip and also punch on the side that is opposite of the machine. When they insert your card in the machines to let you enter and exit the ship, you want the hole to be opposite so you don’t have to remove the lanyard.

Wouldn't a hole punch show up as a large metal object? My ex-gf had her luggage held on Celebrity for hours because she had small scissors in her checked.

I bought a very small hole punch years ago (little bigger than a fingernail clippers) that I take on cruises. Have not used it for a long time. If anyone would like "punched S&S card insurance", I would be happy to accompany you on your cruises for the small fee of a balcony cabin on that cruise and coverage of my bar bill. Let me know. Available on short notice.

It takes up very minimal space and I can be wearing my card while I’m still waiting to board!

This only applies to ships that haven't implemented the new S&S procedure, where the cards are only available when cabins are ready (1:30 for non-VIP/FTTF).