Visa's for Brazil

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would give the Aussies a heads up if cruising or flying to Brazil.

We need a E Visa, which you need to do on line, before you get there.

We have just spent 3 hours getting our visa's organised & payment organised @ USD45.00 Per Person

They are very precise with the Photo (White Background) & Passport Request

Regards

Woody666

Must be new as the past few years I have had to send my passport to the embassy in Canberra and it took about 5 weeks for it to be returned (which is a pain as my Passport is my only form of ID). So good to hear they have finally gone electronic and faster. And way cheaper.

Do you still have to get a yellow fever inoculation for Brazil?

For us it wasn't compulsory but we decided to get it as we were going to Africa the following year anyway.

From Smartravller website =http://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/americas/south/Pages/brazil.aspx

Brazil is listed by the World Health Organization (WHO) as endemic for yellow fever. Yellow fever is a serious and potentially fatal disease, but preventable by vaccination. We strongly recommend that travellers be vaccinated for yellow fever before travelling to Brazil (See Health).

As the quarantine requirements for yellow fever vaccination differ between countries, we recommend you check the yellow fever entry requirements for Brazil and all countries you intend to enter or transit by contacting their foreign missions in Australia. Some airlines may require passengers to present a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate before being allowed to board flights out of the country. For more information about yellow fever, including Australian re-entry requirements, see the Department of Health website.

Benefit of being a Kiwi, no one is the slightest bit interested in us, saves money on visas! Customs officer on the Brazil/Argentina border asked our taxi driver where we were from. When he said NZ the officer eye rolled and waived us through!

Do you still have to get a yellow fever inoculation for Brazil?

On a couple of occasions we have been on a cruise that called into Brazilian ports without having the inoculation. I also went on a land tour in South America and didn't have the shot. However, it is required for cruises that go up the Amazon.

Seeing, we have gotten on to the Yellow Fever Injection, I suggest everyone gets it, along with your other disease shots, because illness can happen anywhere. i was reading the other day Yellow Fever has hit Rio. we do ours when they are due even Rabies. So think about your immunisations before travelling

Benefit of being a Kiwi, no one is the slightest bit interested in us, saves money on visas! Customs officer on the Brazil/Argentina border asked our taxi driver where we were from. When he said NZ the officer eye rolled and waived us through!

Kiwis don't require a Visa for Brazil as NZ does not charge the Brazilians. All about reciprocity. :loudcry: You charge us for a visa, we charge you etc.:evilsmile:

Are there any Kiwis left in NZ? Many live here. Maybe the Aussie weather is better, or it could be the better beers.