Low Sodium Diet

I have recently been diagnosed with a heart condition that requires me to have a low sodium diet. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this on Royal. Has anyone been able to request a low sodium meal? If yes, what sort of food did you get? Is there anyone at Royal that I can contact to find out the feasibility of this request?

TIA

Yes, this is something I do on all of my cruises. Go to the Head waiter in the dinning room when you board. Show your sea pass card and he will make the arrangements. For the first night they may ask you at that time to pick your dinner and when you get to your table remind your waiter about the low sodium and let them know you ordered earlier. From then on they will usually show you the menu the day before and have you make your selections.

If you eat in a specialty red yet aunt mention it at the time you make your reservation and again when you are seated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have recently been diagnosed with a heart condition that requires me to have a low sodium diet. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this on Royal. Has anyone been able to request a low sodium meal? If yes, what sort of food did you get? Is there anyone at Royal that I can contact to find out the feasibility of this request?

TIA

special_needs@rccl.com

Yes, this is something I do on all of my cruises. Go to the Head waiter in the dinning room when you board. Show your sea pass card and he will make the arrangements. For the first night they may ask you at that time to pick your dinner and when you get to your table remind your waiter about the low sodium and let them know you ordered earlier. From then on they will usually show you the menu the day before and have you make your selections.

If you eat in a specialty red yet aunt mention it at the time you make your reservation and again when you are seated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do this as well for my Gluten free diet.

TIA

I have ordered low sodium diet on my last three cruises and I have been very happy with my meals and the service from my waiters and head waiters. Once you log into your account on Royal Caribbean's website, I believe that there is a place on your profile page where you can check off that you require a low sodium diet. You can also contact the special needs department and make the request. I also speak to my waiter on the first night and request low sodium diet. Each evening your waiter or head waiter will show you the next night's regular menu so that you can place your order in advance for the next day. They will prepare your selections with less sodium. Royal also does a nice job with other special diets such as gluten free, vegetarian, etc. Enjoy!

I prefer lower or low sodium, but it is not a medical necessity, just my preference. When I order my dinner (anywhere - land or sea) I request no gravies, sauces etc. As already mentioned by another poster, I also order steamed veggies or a plain potato. Would rarely consider any hot soups. Never thought about pre-ordering to have the meal specially prepared.

Wish all the food had a bit less salt. Those who want more salt can add it but unfortunately it cannot be taken away for those who don't want all that salt. It always amazes me to see folks salt food without even tasting it first.

Thanks for the info.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1