Hot chocolate in Horizon Court?

40yearcruiser

I think I remember that there were hot chocolate machines in Horizon Court on the Royal when we cruised on her a couple years ago. Did not have any on the Ruby and Emerald. We will be on the Regal in April and I am wondering if it has the hot chocolate available in Horizon Court. Also, we will be on Caribbean Princess in a couple weeks; any chance they put in the machines during last year's drydock?

I know that hot chocolate is available in IC with the coffee card, but I don't buy the card because I don't drink coffee.

AFAIK...no chocolate in HC except on Royal/Regal/Majestic (?) in HC.

IIRC...there was hot water and hot chocolate packets on the Pacific in the buffet. It's been a while, so not entirely sure about that.

The coffee card is a good deal, even if you don't drink coffee. I don't drink coffee and manage to get my $$ worth with the other offerings for a punch, plus you get unlimited hot chocolate, tea (& coffee) for the duration of the cruise.

For a small hot choc. made with milk and topped with whip cream it is 1.50 USD at the IC....most "free" hot choc on the ship. is made with water. It did not use to be that way, but it is now.

I do not remember it on Majestic.at the international market.........sailed June-July 2017..but then it was hotter than.........

Edited by land lover

AFAIK...no chocolate in HC except on Royal/Regal/Majestic (?) in HC.

IIRC...there was hot water and hot chocolate packets on the Pacific in the buffet. It's been a while, so not entirely sure about that.

The coffee card is a good deal, even if you don't drink coffee. I don't drink coffee and manage to get my $$ worth with the other offerings for a punch, plus you get unlimited hot chocolate, tea (& coffee) for the duration of the cruise.

I know they eliminated the gelato but what else are they giving for a punch?

Something I don't know about?:confused:

For a small hot choc. made with milk and topped with whip cream it is 1.50 USD at the IC....most "free" hot choc on the ship. is made with water. It did not use to be that way, but it is now.

I do not remember it on Majestic.at the international market.........sailed June-July 2017..but then it was hotter than.........

Are you saying that the hot chocolate at the IC is not included for free any longer with a current coffee card?

I know they eliminated the gelato but what else are they giving for a punch?

Something I don't know about?:confused:

Are you saying that the hot chocolate at the IC is not included for free any longer with a current coffee card?

no...I am saying the OP can purchase it for that much without purchasing a card.......being a hot choc drinker...I know most do not drink hot choc like others drink coffee... If you drink one or 2 a day not worth a coffee card.IMHO

If you do not ask, they will make it with water. If you ask, they will make it with milk.

So at the IC' date=' is it a punch or is it like brewed coffee or tea? Does it matter if it is done with water or milk?[/quote']

Yes, it certainly does......milk superior....

a punch? It depends, new coffee card with ship and voyage# you are sailing on, NO.

Card from another voyage, up to the person who is taking the order at the IC, from my experience yes, a punch.

Edited by land lover

Thanks for the replies. We'll be boarding the Caribbean Princess next week so it seems no hot chocolate except in International Café. I think they also still have it available in the dining room at breakfast. We will be on the Regal for 25 days in April/May so should be able to get it with breakfast in Horizon Court then (when it comes from a machine I always stop it at 2/3 full and add milk or cream to make it more tasty and not so tongue-burning hot) or in IC whenever else I am in the mood, and I'll ask them to make it with milk! ;)

If you do not ask, they will make it with water. If you ask, they will make it with milk.

I was on Royal in mid-Dec. Had a coffee card. The HC served in the Horizon coffee shop tasted exactly like the free HC that came out of the machine near the aft door. It was nasty. I had to ask the server for whipped cream! It was not a drink I would pay $1.50 for. The coffee card use to be a good deal. Now not so much. Price has gone up, items eliminated & now card expires. Have two cards with punches left but will not purchase in the future.