What does concierge cabin mean?

Janie1229

Hi, new to Celebrity - what is the difference between a Concierge cabin and a regular veranda cabin? Any insight into the different types of cabins is appreciated, thanks!

On M-class ships the concierge class cabins are slightly larger (Infinity, Summit, Millennium and Constellation). They are exactly the same size on S-class. The main differences are in the added amenities. They have more deluxe bedding, a pillow menu, a better shower head. There is a complimentary bottle of bubby, and afternoon delivery of some little (emphasis on little) snacks. There are upgraded bathroom amenities with the addition of shower gel, cotton balls and q-tips. Priority embarkation, (where available), a separate disembarkation lounge with continental breakfast on the last day of the cruise and on embarkation day there is a private luncheon in the MDR served between 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM. There is also the services of the concierge, who some use and others don't. The concierge is actually available to help all guests, though most don't realize it. There is supposed to be priority wait list for dining and shore excursions. There are plusher bathrobes and the use of an umbrella and poor quality binoculars. There may be a few others. Oh, one of the most important benefits is 5 captains club points per night as opposed to 3 in a verandah.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Additions.

They have a few extra perks and you also get more points for the Captains Club. On M Class ships, the rooms fare slightly larger, but on the S Class ships they are the same size as the rest of the verandahs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a lovely concierge cabin on the Infinity. Are you going on an older M-class style ship? Don't think there is any difference in square footage of the room/balcony, but has a few perks. The nicest perk that I used was the luncheon provided on embarkment day. It allowed us to board, leave our carryons, and eat a relaxing meal until the rooms opened up. Every afternoon they delivered canapies to our room but we didn't eat them. (requested them to not deliver!) There is fresh fruit upon your arrival and upon request will deliver a bottle of sparkling wine. We had a beverage package so declined that too! There is concierge available to help with problems/requests, but we didn't need her for anything. We were on the 9th deck and read several complaints about the room being under the buffet, but we never heard a thing! We went through the Panama Canal so we appreciate the balcony overhang to keep the hot sun off our balcony. There were binoculars in the room to use so we often looked for whales but didn't see any! Would not have paid for the CC category but it was a free upgrade.

Hi, new to Celebrity - what is the difference between a Concierge cabin and a regular veranda cabin? Any insight into the different types of cabins is appreciated, thanks!

Concierge cabin is just a different cabin category the has some enhanced benefits such as a special embarkation lunch, more points each night for Captains Club status. The full list of benefits is on the web site. Most of the benefits are available to everyone on the ship or deceptive. The real benefit IMHO, is on the M class of ships, some of the cabins and veranda's are bigger and in better locations. On the S class ship, the cabins and veranda's are basically the same as the regular veranda cabins, some advantage is locations. I personally do not book Concierge unless the price is a minimal amount about a regular veranda cabin.

Also, the Concierge are generally in better locations on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for the tips and information on the different types of cabins. We've only cruised 3x, all on Princess. We started with an inside cabin - loved it and slept great! - then went with balcony on our second cruise, and a mini-suite on our third cruise. To be honest, we never used the balcony except to dry some of our dive gear. So....we'll probably go back to an inside cabin unless we choose an itinerary that has more than one sea day. For one day, I don't mind hanging out in the public areas. For a longer trip with more sea days, I'd probably get a balcony.

Thanks again!

As someone said, getting five points per day is great. Booking this category helped us get to elite relatively quickly. The snacks are not so hot. However, our last time on the Summit there was a very nice reception on the helicopter pad for our class along with a destination talk just for our category. Nice embarkation lunch and better afternoon snacks than previous consierge bookings. The young lady who served as consierge was located right on our deck and helped me with some arrangements in Bermuda.

We are in this again on Connie as the cost was not much more than balcony.

We were in one on the Equinox, and like some said, it's ice if it's not too much more.

I think it helped with specialty dining one night. We had a reservation in Murano the following night, but when we went into the MDR the night before, we realized they switched the menus, and this one the one we'd decided to skip.

So we went off to Murano. At first, they said maybe they could take us in 1/2 hour, but after we gave either our names or our room number, a table materialized. It might have been because we were in concierge class.

Had a similar situation once on Princess when we were in club class - which also says priority for dining. No specialty table on our friends anniversary, but once I gave my room number, they were able to find a table.

So maybe that perk is worth a little under some circumstances.

The very special Concierge Class only room service breakfast menu. This was a huge deal with one of us who can eat a cruise ship out of smoked salmon with very little help within 10 days of a 14 day sailing. We could do this together and possible empty the ship in 9 days if it were not for that most elusive object on said menu: onion bagels! We have moved on to Sky Suites and yet I still have not seen that onion bagel I first spied on the door hanger menu on the Galaxy back in 2003. I plan to put in a special dietary food request for a daily onion bagel on our next cruises in January of 2019. Poppy and Semmel seeds are not appropriate substitutions.

As someone said, getting five points per day is great. Booking this category helped us get to elite relatively quickly. The snacks are not so hot. However, our last time on the Summit there was a very nice reception on the helicopter pad for our class along with a destination talk just for our category. Nice embarkation lunch and better afternoon snacks than previous consierge bookings. The young lady who served as consierge was located right on our deck and helped me with some arrangements in Bermuda.

We are in this again on Connie as the cost was not much more than balcony.

Hi HokiePoq! I'm having a hard time on the website finding out what gets you "elite" status (i.e. how many cruises or points?) and what are the perks with elite status? THanks!!

Hi HokiePoq! I'm having a hard time on the website finding out what gets you "elite" status (i.e. how many cruises or points?) and what are the perks with elite status? THanks!!

You need 300 points to reach elite. A 7 day cruise in Concierge or Aqua gets you 35 points. So you would need 9, 7-day cruises to reach elite. It took me 8 cruises but we did a few longer ones and most in a regular veranda cabin (only 3 points per day). I think we did 3 in Concierge and honestly I don't feel it's worth much more that a regular veranda cabin. Other than the CC points the other stuff is just fluff. I much prefer Aqua, I really enjoy Blu so I feel there is some value to that cabin level (about $25 extra a day, more than that I will skip it).

You need 300 points to reach elite. A 7 day cruise in Concierge or Aqua gets you 35 points. So you would need 9, 7-day cruises to reach elite. It took me 8 cruises but we did a few longer ones and most in a regular veranda cabin (only 3 points per day). I think we did 3 in Concierge and honestly I don't feel it's worth much more that a regular veranda cabin. Other than the CC points the other stuff is just fluff. I much prefer Aqua, I really enjoy Blu so I feel there is some value to that cabin level (about $25 extra a day, more than that I will skip it).

So what do you get for being "elite" status?

So what do you get for being "elite" status?

Elite cocktail hour each evening

Elite breakfast, usually in Tuscan grill (with mimosas and bloody marys)

priority tendering, boarding

some free laundry

90 min of free internet

and a few other discounts

Some ports there will be sail away parties on the helipad for Elite or higher.