BVE guided ship tour

Pansy2801

I invited a couple of friends for BVE on our next cruise on Regal in March. They have never been on a cruise and will definitely be interested in seeing the ship.

My question is about the guided ship tour. Is this an interesting tour or is it better for me to be their guide? Thanks.

We did a BVE on the Regal in December 2016 after disembarking from the Caribbean. The future cruise consultant gave us the tour. I thought it was interesting. She led us around for about an hour before taking us down the dining room for lunch. We wandered around the ship on our own after lunch. We did the BVE to find out if we would enjoy a cruise on it or its sister ships. We thought we would (and did enjoy our cruise on the Royal this past December). We're booked to go on the Regal in two weeks.

FYI...I did one BVE in San Francisco & we were shown a suite that was opened so I think it depends on who’s doing the tour.

I also did a BVE with friends & one Mini Suite was opened & we were told we could go inside so I guess it depends.

Tom😎

FYI...I did one BVE in San Francisco & we were shown a suite that was opened so I think it depends on who’s doing the tour.

I also did a BVE with friends & one Mini Suite was opened & we were told we could go inside so I guess it depends.

Tom😎

Thanks for sharing Tom.

Tony

I invited a couple offriends for BVE on our next cruise on Regal in March. They have never been on a cruise and will definitely be interested in seeing the ship.

My question is about the guided ship tour. Is this an interesting tour or is it better for me to be their guide? Thanks.

Since the tour is of public areas, if you are familiar with the layout of the Regal and know what areas of the ship might interest your guests, then I suggest you take them around yourself. Knowing the ship would make you the best possible guide for them.

I had my TA contact Princess back in December to set up a BVE for our daughter on our up coming cruise in March. She is dropping my DW and I off at the port and wanted to see the Ruby and have lunch with us. My TA was informed by Princess that the Ruby was not going to do any BVE's on that departure date.

I had my TA check today to see if anything has changed and now she is set up to do the BVE with us. It is worth checking again being things can change.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

I have done 2 BVE's. The first was when friends dropped us off for the cruise. We took them to see our cabin, and since we had been on that ship several times we gave them a tour, had lunch and spent time by the pool having drinks. It was a great day. The second time was a BVE on a ship I have never been on. My sister and I went because she was going to be sailing on that ship a few weeks later and she had never been on a Princess ship. We took the tour with the Captain's Circle host, but did not see anything we could not have found on our own, and it took up a lot of time. I liked doing it on my own. It is hard to get off and see others sailing away, but still fun. The second one we got the money back on a cruise we booked together with my DH and mom.

I had my TA contact Princess back in December to set up a BVE for our daughter on our up coming cruise in March. She is dropping my DW and I off at the port and wanted to see the Ruby and have lunch with us. My TA was informed by Princess that the Ruby was not going to do any BVE's on that departure date.

I had my TA check today to see if anything has changed and now she is set up to do the BVE with us. It is worth checking again being things can change.

Happy Trails

We have friends in Ft. L who drive us to port and we like to do BVE with them. I think they don't book them till 90 or 100 days out, and if you phone before that you get told there is not one on that date. As always, the reps are often unaware!

We have friends in Ft. L who drive us to port and we like to do BVE with them. I think they don't book them till 90 or 100 days out, and if you phone before that you get told there is not one on that date. As always, the reps are often unaware!

According to Princess it can be booked 120 days before sailing. I'm not sure why they said the Ruby was not doing it on the first call but now they are? Our daughter has been on one cruise with us on the Crown. Being she is driving us to the port like your friends do we wanted to do the same thing and have her along with the BVE. Makes more of an event than just dropping us off and driving home.

This is from a Princess site for travel agents:

"How do clients make a reservation?

Clients are encouraged to book through their Travel Agent or by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Travel Agents can in turn also call 1-800-PRINCESS directly to make their reservation. Reservations for The Bon Voyage Experience are not available to be booked online at this time. The reservation fee is non-refundable and the reservation can be made beginning 120 days before the cruise and up to six days before the sailing date. Once registered, guests will be able to input their required security information through the Princess’ Cruise Personalizer."

Happy Trails

According to Princess it can be booked 120 days before sailing. I'm not sure why they said the Ruby was not doing it on the first call but now they are? Our daughter has been on one cruise with us on the Crown. Being she is driving us to the port like your friends do we wanted to do the same thing and have her along with the BVE. Makes more of an event than just dropping us off and driving home.

This is from a Princess site for travel agents:

"How do clients make a reservation?

Clients are encouraged to book through their Travel Agent or by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Travel Agents can in turn also call 1-800-PRINCESS directly to make their reservation. Reservations for The Bon Voyage Experience are not available to be booked online at this time. The reservation fee is non-refundable and the reservation can be made beginning 120 days before the cruise and up to six days before the sailing date. Once registered, guests will be able to input their required security information through the Princess’ Cruise Personalizer."

Happy Trails

Typical. I had no problem booking at 100 days out but at 120 was told it was too soon! You never know with Ptincess. But they sell a limited number, so its a problem!