Wet Zone (fountains on pool deck)

Tennant

I do not want to start a war about babies being allowed in the pool. I know they are not allowed in the pool so no need to respond with that information.

I am wondering if anyone has let their little ones play in the "wet zone" on the S-Class ships and whether this is allowed. This is the fountain area on the pool deck. My guy will be about 15 months on our next cruise.

He has already enjoyed one Celebrity cruise but wasn't walking yet so we stuck to the grass area. Now that he is walking we are looking for other areas on board that might be useful for us.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Celebrity does not have any areas, on any of their ships that allow non-potty trained kids in the splash areas/fountains. The only ships that do are the Disney ships, and the RCI Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, classes, and a couple of Voyager class. The splash areas on these ships are specifically designed, built and operated to USPH requirements for use by kids in swim diapers. No other recreational water facility on any ship calling at US ports allows swim diapers. If the ship is cruising in Europe, the EU ShipSan program has different rules for swim diapers, and so they may be allowed in Europe.

I'd love to see the rules sign for the fountain area. I wish I had paid more attention on our last trips on Equinox! Since the pools specifically say no diapers on the rules sign, if it doesn't say that on the rules sign for the fountain then they would be allowed

I'd love to see the rules sign for the fountain area. I wish I had paid more attention on our last trips on Equinox! Since the pools specifically say no diapers on the rules sign, if it doesn't say that on the rules sign for the fountain then they would be allowed

Uh, not really. If there were no signage prohibiting swim diapers in the fountain areas, the ship would be in violation for lack of proper signage, and also for possibly allowing swim diapers in a water feature that doesn't allow them. I sailed as Chief Engineer on cruise ships, and have USPH training, and I know that no Celebrity ship calling at US ports has a water feature that allows swim diapers. As I said, it is not merely a matter of a sign saying it is okay or not, the water facility has to be built according to set parameters, to be able to allow swim diapers. This includes a separate water supply, a higher turn-over rate (how often the total volume of the water feature is filtered), a UV sterilizer for the water, a means of segregating the swim diaper area from other water features so that there is no possibility of water cross-contamination, and a crew member permanently assigned to the swim diaper water feature to shut the system down immediately should an accident occur.

I do not want to start a war about babies being allowed in the pool. I know they are not allowed in the pool so no need to respond with that information.

I am wondering if anyone has let their little ones play in the "wet zone" on the S-Class ships and whether this is allowed. This is the fountain area on the pool deck. My guy will be about 15 months on our next cruise.

He has already enjoyed one Celebrity cruise but wasn't walking yet so we stuck to the grass area. Now that he is walking we are looking for other areas on board that might be useful for us.

Thanks!

A bit off topic but make sure you save your child’s sea pass cards. At 18 they can join the Captains Club and get credit for cruises under 18. Computer systems change and you might need them.