Interesting offer at Jamie's Italian on the Anthem

We saw it last month on the Anthem:

Two course lunch on sea days for $15

Two course dinner every night $19.99

They added 18% gratuity to the above. The manager offered ice cream as dessert for no charge.

Lou

On the Anthem now. We had eaten there the other night night. The waiter that we had saw us passing and offered us dinner that night for 30% off for that evening. We declined.

Jeez — that sounds really tacky.

You cannot see the picture?

Two course meal.

$15.00 for lunch

$19.99 for dinner

Ate at Jamie's on recent Anthem 01/29/18 sail and asked the waiter what is included/excluded in the 2 entrée special. He mentioned that includes everything on the menu. I said to him that for savings ($35-20) $15 per I can get coffee and dessert anywhere on the ship.

Jeez — that sounds really tacky.

They do that stuff all the time. We were interrupted having lunch in the windjammer one afternoon by some clown (literally a clown) soliciting us to dine at Wonderland that evening. The discount started at 10% and after politely declining and trying to enjoy our meal the clown would not go away and by the end of the conversation the discount was up to 30% off.

They do that stuff all the time. We were interrupted having lunch in the windjammer one afternoon by some clown (literally a clown) soliciting us to dine at Wonderland that evening. The discount started at 10% and after politely declining and trying to enjoy our meal the clown would not go away and by the end of the conversation the discount was up to 30% off.

A clown, that's kind of rude, been to Wonderland many times and those outfits look nothing like clown outfits, were you wearing your glasses?

They do that stuff all the time. .

I think the poster was saying they ate their once, and then the same waiter they had asked them to dine a second time but offered 30% off.

Not sure a two course dinner for 2 ppl is worth $48. That's a little skimpy.

I think the poster was saying they ate their once, and then the same waiter they had asked them to dine a second time but offered 30% off.

Not sure a two course dinner for 2 ppl is worth $48. That's a little skimpy.

Skimpy in what sense. You get to choose an appetizer and entrée from the regular menu for $19.99.

Love Jamie's!!! There's always an offer for any specialty restaurant once you board. Also, for Crowd & Anchor members, RCCL usually has a BOGO offer that pops up a month or so before your cruise. Took the BOGO for this past cruise and got into Chops & Wonderland for $40 total. Basically ate at Wonderland for free.

They could offer Jamie's for free and I would still pass. In over 100 cruises I have only had food poisoning one time; you guessed it - Jamie's. Yes, I am sure it was Jamie's, medical confirmed. At least four other people were with me in medical at the same time, all ate at Jamie's that night. All had food poisoning. Yes it was an isolated incident, however, the experience sticks with you. No Jamie's for me ever again.

Skimpy in what sense. You get to choose an appetizer and entrée from the regular menu for $19.99.

In the sense that dinner for two is over $47 for two courses.

(Two covers plus 18%)

Until recently Giovanni Table was flat $25 with service fee included so $50 for a couple and was a 5 course meal.

Just my perspective.

Tacky? How so?

Soliciting guests walking by with discounts is a bit too much for me — obviously I wasn’t there and maybe it was discrete but I don’t like sales pitches on cruise ships. You expect that maybe in the art gallery but walking by a restaurant? Do not like.