Registration of your credit card on Seaside

traveline

Doesn't matter, MSC is an Italian vessel and their credit card transactions on the ship (and online) are processed using European banks. I think technically MSC is headquartered in Switzerland, I've read that online in press releases and our latest deposits were processed through Geneva, Switzerland. At any rate, it'll be the banks processing the transactions that decide, so having the PIN handy is a good idea.

Got it! Went to my credit card website and gpt a pin and then also informed them that I would be out of the country and put down the names of all the places we would be as well as Italy, France and Switzerland in case the charges are processed there....just n case!

Thanks!

Got it! Went to my credit card website and gpt a pin and then also informed them that I would be out of the country and put down the names of all the places we would be as well as Italy, France and Switzerland in case the charges are processed there....just n case!

Thanks!

Yay! You’re leaving soon, right? I hope you have a very enjoyable cruise and if you’re inclined to write a review afterwards, I for one would be interested to hear about how it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh-oh, looks like somebody's going to cancel now... ;) (just kidding...)

LOL...Nah.... Just a bit frustrated I need to ensure my CC is valid for whole cruise (Needing PIN#). Thanks for the headsup about the PIN # and the possibility of charges going thru European countries. I would have just told my CC company the Carribean stops!!

LOL...Nah.... Just a bit frustrated I need to ensure my CC is valid for whole cruise (Needing PIN#). Thanks for the headsup about the PIN # and the possibility of charges going thru European countries. I would have just told my CC company the Carribean stops!!

on the 4 msc cruises we have been on, we have never needed a pin.. the kiosk onboard takes less than a minute.. its way easy... its just different...

This is the cruise card activation machine. There are a few around the ship including one in the Yacht Club. Your onboard account is automatically open the minute you board the ship and you can start charging things right away (even if you haven't registered your CC). You have 48 hours after you board to get your credit card registered. I'm not sure what happens if you don't but I'm guessing they will deactivate your onboard cruise card for charging purposes until you do.

Don't wait in any lines to do this and don't stress over it. Go when no one is around and no wait (maybe before bed the first or second night).

26228736048_72d84833f9_h.jpg

I'm booked on Seaside 21 April 2018 sailing. MSC agents told me we register our credit card when we process in. If we need to register on the ship, where can we register? What decks are the Kiosks located on and where? I will greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me. Thanks so much in advance.

Atrium.

Yay! You’re leaving soon, right? I hope you have a very enjoyable cruise and if you’re inclined to write a review afterwards, I for one would be interested to hear about how it went.

Haven't really done reviews but maybe I will attempt one this time.

We're really looking forward to this cruise but with a bit of trepidation due to all the unfavorable reviews. We have sailed on Divina and really loved the ship...it's so beautiful and are fully aware of the the differences being it's a more European experience. We will make our own assessments based on our experience!

Exciting!

Ok just verifying. I didn't hear about this having to have a pin until today somehow. My bank says they have to mail it to me. We board tomorrow. Can I maybe go to CS and not use a pin?

Not that it matters all that much now I guess. We've got all inclusive drinks and all our excursions paid for so if it comes down to it we just won't charge anything on the boat we can't pay in cash.

Edited by TravelinGert

Ok just verifying. I didn't hear about this having to have a pin until today somehow. My bank says they have to mail it to me. We board tomorrow. Can I maybe go to CS and not use a pin?

My bank had to do the same, snail mail. You will be very happy you’ve obtained your pin if you plan on traveling overseas. Heck, we were even asked to provide a pin in Whistler/Vancouver trip.

You should have no problems on seaside though and there are work-around protocols for cards without pins (we had to use in the Canada trip mentioned above). The card I used on both divina sailings did not have a pin and were fine too.

Have fun :)

My bank had to do the same, snail mail. You will be very happy you’ve obtained your pin if you plan on traveling overseas. Heck, we were even asked to provide a pin in Whistler/Vancouver trip.

You should have no problems on seaside though and there are work-around protocols for cards without pins (we had to use in the Canada trip mentioned above). The card I used on both divina sailings did not have a pin and were fine too.

Have fun :)

Thank you! I'm sure they will figure something out in order to accept money from us one way or other. :D