New York in March

I went on Anthem last March during St. Patrick's day and it was very cold sailing out of NY. The second day was cool-ish, I was wearing shorts and tshirt with a track jacket. Third day we were off the coast of Florida and it was warm, no jacket needed. The coldest day was actually the last full day coming back to NY, I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

So we are on Anthem next March 2019 during spring break. I know it's going to be cold sailing out. How long does it take to warm up? Will it be warm the next day or will it still be cool needing jackets and warm on the 3rd day?

Probably the first and last 2 days will be cool to cold.

Do you need a heavy coat and gloves to be out around deck or is a hoodie or fleece enough? Have you, I'm from Arkansas, we get some cold weather but just really in spurts.

Obviously, it depends on the weather in the New York area, but I've seen snow on the deck from time to time. Less likely in March, but it could happen.

Typical highs in March are in the 40's early and 50's by the end of the month. But you could get anything, a blizzard and freezing cold & wind or sunny, mild weather. You really won't know until you're close to the sailing date. We sailed out of Cape Liberty in November a couple years ago & it was mid-70's by the afternoon of the first full sea day.

It's so hard to predict. I was on Anthem in January and had surprisingly warm weather and calm seas. People were using the outdoor pools and flowrider all the way back on the last sea day. It only got chilly after sunset. On the other hand, you could easily have a heavy snowstorm in March. It makes packing challenging. It was kind of weird looking at my big parka hanging in the closet while we were in the warm and sunny Florida/Bahamas.

The next day you'll probably be somewhere off the coast of the Carolinas, where March weather is a crap shoot. It could be 40 or it could be 75 or even 80 on any given day. Whatever the temps on land, it may feel a little cooler onboard due to the strong breeze from the ship moving. Check the weather right before pack to leave from home.