Bringing our own water bottles onto Radiance OTS?

In our experience - Yes you can. We buy a 12 pack of 1.25 litre bottles, leave them in their plastic packaging (tape them if you need to make them more secure), put a couple of luggage tags on them and drop them at the baggage drop. If they say they can’t take them just tell them yes they can and leave. They will turn up in your cabin.

Cheers

Di

Hi, getting excited now about our first RCI cruise (out of Sydney) in four days' time.

We don't have complete confidence in the quality of ship's water so have always taken a slab of water bottles onto our previous (P&O) cruises (their policy is "12 loose" bottles per person but 24 sealed ones between us has passed muster).

RCI's documentation and Web site are silent on this question so I phoned them. After checking with his supervisor the operator said "That's not possible" (In fact it IS *possible* but perhaps isn't allowed). Does anyone have experience with this?

Would that be the over the top cruise to Perth?

Do you have the internet package? If you do, can you update us on how you went with the water as we are on the next cruise, Perth to Sydney via NZ.

It seems the situation is similar if you bring a few cans of cool drink on board, they policy says no, but the main RC page reports they are rarely confiscated.

Would you also add if you have a kettle in your room. RC are very inconsistent with kettles. They are in ships in Aust waters for some itineraries but not on others. They were on Radiance for 'Rock the Boat' but I've heard they don't have them now.

Thanks

Would that be the over the top cruise to Perth?

Do you have the internet package? If you do, can you update us on how you went with the water as we are on the next cruise, Perth to Sydney via NZ.

It seems the situation is similar if you bring a few cans of cool drink on board, they policy says no, but the main RC page reports they are rarely confiscated.

Would you also add if you have a kettle in your room. RC are very inconsistent with kettles. They are in ships in Aust waters for some itineraries but not on others. They were on Radiance for 'Rock the Boat' but I've heard they don't have them now.

Thanks

Royal aren’t inconsistent with kettles. Kettles are in all JS, GS, OS and RS. You can ask your Cabin Steward for one if you are not in a Suite and IF there is one available they will give you one. You can no longer bring your own kettle on board.

Cheers

Di

Well we never use any kind of sugar drinks, so that's not tempting. We just like to have lots of fresh clean water to drink. But given my domestic goddess has packed enough clothes for a round the world trip (if not migration to Mars) and it needs about four strong men to lift her suitcase, I've gone off the plan to carry an extra case containing water bottles.

Well we never use any kind of sugar drinks, so that's not tempting. We just like to have lots of fresh clean water to drink. But given my domestic goddess has packed enough clothes for a round the world trip (if not migration to Mars) and it needs about four strong men to lift her suitcase, I've gone off the plan to carry an extra case containing water bottles.

One can always purchase a bottle of scotch on board to flavour that clean fresh water. Lubbly Jubbly.:halo::p

It is a very warm day in Brisvegas today, keep they fluids up !! End of todays sermon from Fr Les.

As mentioned in another thread I ended up not bothering bringing water aboard as my wife has packed everything she owns except her wedding dress. I foolishly decided to walk, dragging my suitcase plus her shipping container from a/p to Mascot train station to save the a/p surcharge. As the route was under construction and given the heat and humidity an extra case (of anything) wasn't going to happen.

As for kettles, there isn't one (contrary to images posted here for our cabin type) however our steward has arranged for hot water to be delivered to our room at no charge every evening so we can enjoy that last cup of tea before bed. Very satisfied with that arrangement :)

As mentioned in another thread I ended up not bothering bringing water aboard as my wife has packed everything she owns except her wedding dress. I foolishly decided to walk, dragging my suitcase plus her shipping container from a/p to Mascot train station to save the a/p surcharge. As the route was under construction and given the heat and humidity an extra case (of anything) wasn't going to happen.

As for kettles, there isn't one (contrary to images posted here for our cabin type) however our steward has arranged for hot water to be delivered to our room at no charge every evening so we can enjoy that last cup of tea before bed. Very satisfied with that arrangement :)

Good job.

I'm trying to subscribe to this thread on an android phone but there isn't a "thread tools" tab. It's there on my laptop but not on android, can anyone help please?

On android you should now be subscribed as this is automatically set when you reply.

Otherwise look for a circle with a plus in it up on the blue bar at top of screen. Tap on it and it should change to a white tick. Then you are subscribed.