Luggage

Daisyforme

I'm on the Royal Princess cruise from March 20 to March 30. Does anyone know if Princess and American Airlines have a luggage type program from Ft. Lauderdale to DFW airport at the end of the cruise? Basically, take luggage from cabin on the last night and send it straight to DFW airport. Thanks for any info.

Yes, they do. We used it for our American flights from Fort Lauderdale to Charlotte to Greenville/Spartanburg on Tuesday. Charge is $25 per person plus your airlines charge for your bags.

As part of the service, they will check you in and print your boarding pass(es).

You should get this form about three days before you return to fill out and drop off at the customer services desk. We have used it once, and worked real well for us, although we used Delta back to Atlanta.

This was from our cruise last year:

32443199364_1e18a18f15_z.jpgEZ1 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33245097026_7a69ed8f99_z.jpgEZ2 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Key words is watch for the form. I made a major mistake (my fault not theirs), did not see the form on a transatlantic cruise ending in Ft. L. I asked and it was too late to do the check, plus Delta had changed my EZ air to 9:30 a.m.. I made the flight but would not have if things hadn't gone exactly my way. Even after many cruises, there are always lessons to be learned!

EZ check in Ft. Lauderdale for flights after 11.30am for participating airlines only, Domestic flights.If you are flying out of Miami there is later cutoff but don't remember what time that would be.

According to the form, it's after 11:30AM out of Fort Lauderdale and after 2:30PM out of Miami.

Thank you Eagle_and_hawk for posting the EZ Check form--very helpful! Anyone know if at FFL airport that it is a true EZ Check--starting with the crew taking luggage from the cabin the night before we disembark and the next time we see our luggage is at the DFW airport carousel? Thanks.

Thank you Eagle_and_hawk for posting the EZ Check form--very helpful! Anyone know if at FFL airport that it is a true EZ Check--starting with the crew taking luggage from the cabin the night before we disembark and the next time we see our luggage is at the DFW airport carousel? Thanks.

They took our luggage from the ship in FLL and we were re-united with it in Sacramento, California.

Yes, true.

Remember that all liquids/creams/gels which do not meet TSA checkpoint standards must be in your checked luggage and not in carryon luggage. So be sure to put those liquids in your EZCheck luggage unless you will have another bag to check at the airport.

We used EZCheck coming off the Royal Princess in December. Put the luggage out the night before, and next time we saw it was at our home airport in Austin.

Soooo much nicer than having to locate luggage in the terminal and then schlepping it through immigration, taxi, and airport. We even reduced our carry-on to just a backpack that contained valuables like camera, Kindle, etc. For us it was worth the price.