Pearl Harbor Clear Purse?

vegasgal47

I purchased a clear shoulder bag for Pearl Harbor because i heard you couldn’t take anything in that concealed anything.

Has anyone else gone with a clear purse? If so, did you have any issues?

Thanks!

According to the Arizona Memorial’s website (Know Before You Go) that would not be allowed.

Bags

While cameras, water bottles, wallets, and other small items can be brought on site, no bags (or other items that offer concealment) are allowed at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. However, there is a bag storage facility, located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Park shuttle bus stop, where you can store your belongings for a fee of $4 per bag.

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/pearlharbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369

According to the Arizona Memorial’s website (Know Before You Go) that would not be allowed.

Bags

While cameras, water bottles, wallets, and other small items can be brought on site, no bags (or other items that offer concealment) are allowed at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. However, there is a bag storage facility, located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Park shuttle bus stop, where you can store your belongings for a fee of $4 per bag.

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/pearlharbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369

If it says “that offer concealment” and my purse is clear and shows whats in the purse I don’t think it should be an issue. If i have a phone in it plus money, CC and license that is in a small clear wallet, nothing is concealed.

A know the purse is stadium approved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it says “that offer concealment” and my purse is clear and shows whats in the purse I don’t think it should be an issue. If i have a phone in it plus money, CC and license that is in a small clear wallet, nothing is concealed.

Why do you think it wouldn’t be allowed?

While I understand your point, it first states no bags & only you can decide whether to bring your clear bag. Even if it’s not allowed you could just pay the $4 storage fee while experiencing the Arizona Memorial but hopefully it won’t be necessary to store your bag.

There is a "guard" at the entrance who checks on what you bring in. You are allowed to hand carry (or keep in your pocket) your wallet, a phone, a water bottle, and a camera (no bag). It is strictly a security issue regarding "bags". They used to allow fanny packs but that has since ceased.

That being said, I would strongly not recommend you leave anything in your rental car. There are many "opportunists" who look for the bar code on your window to identify you as a "tourist". As mentioned, there are lockers for your convenience.

Also, I would advise you to make a reservation with the Arizona Memorial for free tickets. You will have to pay a very small processing fee. Keep in mind that you should arrive an hour prior to your tickets for the movie time. There are two small museums and a gift shop that you can tour on your own. Food availability is very, very, very limited and there is nothing within walking distance. .

While I understand your point, it first states no bags & only you can decide whether to bring your clear bag. Even if it’s not allowed you could just pay the $4 storage fee while experiencing the Arizona Memorial but hopefully it won’t be necessary to store your bag.

Is that $4 an item or $4 for a locker you can put several items into?

Prior to visiting Pearl Harbor, I removed my driver's licence, a credit card and a little cash from my big wallet [left in the hotel room safe] and stuffed those necessary items into a very small wallet that fit easily into my pocket. Sun glasses were worn, cell phone went into DH's cargo pants pocket and my camera was hung over my neck. Fully aware of the reputation of rental cars being broken into, the only things left in the car were sun block, a few water bottles and the camera's telephoto.

We made our gift ship purchases after we returned from the Arizona and Missouri.

Yes, security is very tight at Pearl Harbor, especially for those who take the launch to the Arizona Memorial.

Darcy

I took a small cross body bag and had no issue at all getting in with it. It was a normal type bag (dark blue) and not a clear one as I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that.

The tour was the highlight of the cruise for me and very thought provoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums