Review Seaside - 2/3 - 2/10 YC Inside

RikerKirk

is there a just-for-YC buffet? is it available pretty much all day?

Regarding the sewer smell, if someone here (who will be on an upcoming cruise) can wander around on deck 5, that should let us know if it's fixed. It sounded like deck 5 was the worst affected.

There are small snacks (small sandwiches, nuts, desserts, etc) during the day in the lounge.

There is a small buffet on the pool deck. The buffet had breakfast options, then lunch options. Not sure if they had dinner items as I never was there at those times. The buffet consists of a salad station and about 10 hot items. As I pointed out in my review, I wish it had more selection.

Didn't I read that the buffet had lobster, shrimp and steak?

They did have steak a couple of the days.

The only lobster tail was the last day, I assume its that day because the night before is the 2nd elegant night and they serve lobster tail in the YC restaurant.

My girlfriend is from Boston and LOVES lobster. She was very disappointed because of how far over it was cooked, it was very rubbery and tough.

Its a great idea in practice, but is lacking a bit in execution.

Soon leaving the Haven for YC and I wondered about Butler and Concierge tipping. Is this done on this ship? In the Haven, there is quite a bit of interaction between them and passengers and most if not all passengers in the Haven tip them. I don't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere.

Thanks, I really enjoyed your grading system review.

Like the other responder, NCL butlers are not included in the service charge and should be tipped separately. The butlers in YC are included, no need to tip separately. Many do if they go “above and beyond”. We found that all butlers pitched in, the one assigned to us didn’t really provide more service. I think we gave him something modest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Like the other responder, NCL butlers are not included in the service charge and should be tipped separately. The butlers in YC are included, no need to tip separately. Many do if they go “above and beyond”. We found that all butlers pitched in, the one assigned to us didn’t really provide more service. I think we gave him something modest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am looking forward to YC!

Where did you get the shakes and gelato?

Are they free for Yacht Club?

I thought Venchi was the chocolate shoppe that Everyone paid for everything?

At Venchi, its free for Yacht Club because you automatically get the premium drink package throughout the ship.

Everything (sundaes, shakes, gelato, etc) is free except the retail items.

Also, the back of the ship on deck 7 has a area for an additional DJ and plenty of space to dance...

In the pre-launch publicity for the Seaside there was mention of a pool that would convert to a dancefloor at night. Is this it? I have not come across any reference to this in any Seaside posts so far. What kind of music did the DJ play? Was it different than what was played in the Garage Club?

Is the YC embarkation tent hard to find? Is it after the normal drop off?

Following. I am curious, too, as we will be taking an Uber, and I'f rather not be dropped in the wrong place. Relative to downtown Miami to the west and Fisher Island to the east, is the Yacht Club tent toward Miami or Fisher Island?

• 2 months later...

Hi great feedback -

Did the cabin door open towards the port (odd numbers) or starboard (even numbers) I am thinking port (odd to odd) - but wanted to make sure I got the balcony and inside with facing doors.

Thanks

Odd number Interior cabins open to the port side.

Hi great feedback -

Did the cabin door open towards the port (odd numbers) or starboard (even numbers) I am thinking port (odd to odd) - but wanted to make sure I got the balcony and inside with facing doors.

Thanks

Thank you for the review! We will be in an inside YC in June, and knew that the bathroom was awfully small and awkward. Since we are planning to use the spa a lot, we may try to plan our time there to include showers before dinner. Did you use the spa at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums