A Princess Cays Mystery!

caribbean2000

This looks like an interesting walk. I love to look at old gravesites. We will be there in a few weeks and not much of a beach sitter.

Can someone clarify directions? Walk south after tendering. How long/how far? 1/2 mile? Anyone have waypoint marked/coordinates?

Thanks much.

This looks like an interesting walk. I love to look at old gravesites. We will be there in a few weeks and not much of a beach sitter.

Can someone clarify directions? Walk south after tendering. How long/how far? 1/2 mile? Anyone have waypoint marked/coordinates?

Thanks much.

As you are looking at the ocean, walk to the left. It is quite a ways but easy to find...It has been 3 years since we were last there, but I remember thinking that we had walked too too far a and then there the graves were. it was quite interesting. We put conch shells on the grave stones.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Fascinating thread! Thanks for digging it back up, I'd never heard about this. Wont be there until January, but now we have something interesting to do. Sadly, in the most recent photos (which were nearly a year ago), the water was getting so close....

Fascinating thread! Thanks for digging it back up, I'd never heard about this. Wont be there until January, but now we have something interesting to do. Sadly, in the most recent photos (which were nearly a year ago), the water was getting so close....

Hey Ren! I know my brother (Neil) and myself are planning on going to see this when we hit the Cays......perhaps we can get a group togther!

Hey Ren! I know my brother (Neil) and myself are planning on going to see this when we hit the Cays......perhaps we can get a group togther!

Hey wonderpig -- sounds good! I will post a more detailed reply on our Roll Call ;)

Found this when I googled Olga McPhee...if you scroll to the bottom in the comment section, it looks like her stone is no longer intact as of December 2012...

http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/wandering-off-the-beaten-path-at-princess-cays/

That's my post.:) I wrote that post on my Blog several years ago after visiting the graves. The last time I was there was back in January of 2012, and it looked like Olga McPhee's headstone was gone at that point too (if I recall, there had been a hurricane in the area at some point. There was also another object there that looked like something that could have possibly been another burial vault, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Again, I'll be there in December, maybe I'll post an update at that point.

That's my post.:) I wrote that post on my Blog several years ago after visiting the graves. The last time I was there was back in January of 2012, and it looked like Olga McPhee's headstone was gone at that point too (if I recall, there had been a hurricane in the area at some point. There was also another object there that looked like something that could have possibly been another burial vault, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Again, I'll be there in December, maybe I'll post an update at that point.

How weird, had no idea it was your blog. I found it interesting!

Sue

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some recent pictures of the graves from this last November:

P1010016_zps0a3e587b.jpg

P1010017_zps2427a33a.jpg

P1010018_zpsc750b79c.jpg

Further down the shore (around a couple of coves) there is also this sunken sailboat -- Not sure how long it's been there.

P1010009_zps3a0def17.jpg

The upper reaches of the Emerald Princess in the distance can barely be made out behind the trees on the point.

P1010013_zps38d0bdb7.jpg

I would love to do that hike (taking the road) but DW is not up to that much walking. We will hit PC twice on a 14-day in June 2014. Need a hiking buddy LOL!

I'd be happy just seeing the Lighthouse and the 'lighthouse house.'

~sent using Cruise Critic app~