Am I allowed to bring soda onboard?

lefty duck

I know it used to be possible. However, I also read about a recent change.

So I checked and found this on the website:

What Not To Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs...

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. ...

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

• Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.

• Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

So better double-check!

Interesting - this is from my upcoming cruise and it says nothing about non alcoholic beverages:

What Not to Pack

For safety, certain items are not allowed on board. If these are found, they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. Prohibited items are at the discretion of the Chief Security Officer and the Staff Captain and include, but are not limited to:

• Firearms and ammunition, including realistic replicas
  • Sharp objects, including knives and scissors*
  • Illegal drugs and substances
  • Candles, incense, coffee makers, clothes irons, travel steamers and hot plates, heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners.
  • Matches and normal lighters are allowed onboard. However torch lighters and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and are therefore prohibited.
  • Electrical extension cords
  • Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, bows, and arrows
  • Skateboards and surfboards
  • Martial-arts gear
  • Aerial drones
  • Self-defense, including handcuffs, pepper spray, and night sticks
  • Flammable liquids, including lighter fluids
  • Explosives, including fireworks
  • Hookahs & water hookah pipes
  • Ham radios
  • Dangerous chemicals, including bleach and paint
  • Alcoholic beverages** (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing.)

* Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blades less than four inches are allowed.

** Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Cruised on celebrity eclipse in November. Carried on two 12 packs of soda and a 24 pack of water bottles. Did the same on other cruises. We also carried on our two allowed bottles of wine. We did this to save money and it was permitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know it used to be possible. However, I also read about a recent change.

So I checked and found this on the website:

What Not To Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs...

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. ...

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

• Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.

• Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

So better double-check!

Just curious but was it US Website

Just curious but was it US Website

Good point - so often people post things as "the rule" because they experienced it once whereas those rules can changed based on country, port, etc. It would be much more helpful to know and to answer based on the cruise and port.

Good point - so often people post things as "the rule" because they experienced it once whereas those rules can changed based on country, port, etc. It would be much more helpful to know and to answer based on the cruise and port.

I can't imagine the sense behind prohibiting passengers from bringing rum on board especially in the Caribbean where it is a major product.

Good point which I had not thought of, what I was referring to was Celebrity has a habit of changing the US web site and not changing others. A good example was about ten years Celebrity got rid of the three dress codes and went to two dress codes. This was for all cruises, all itineraries. People on this board kept referencing the three codes for about five years until it was changed.

Good point which I had not thought of, what I was referring to was Celebrity has a habit of changing the US web site and not changing others. A good example was about ten years Celebrity got rid of the three dress codes and went to two dress codes. This was for all cruises, all itineraries. People on this board kept referencing the three codes for about five years until it was changed.

:'):'):')

We brought several bottles on board Freedom of the Seas from St Maarten in 20016. Not a peep from anyone.

Every cruise line is different and not everyone is caught, you were lucky if that's Royals rules also. That's why I said in most cases because people do slip through.

When you are in ports and buy liquor, most buy it duty free. I got anal one day and actually read the paperwork that came with the product. If you do it is clear with all the legal terminology why the cruise lines don't allow you to drink it on board, thus the term duty free.

Every cruise line is different and not everyone is caught, you were lucky if that's Royals rules also. That's why I said in most cases because people do slip through.

When you are in ports and buy liquor, most buy it duty free. I got anal one day and actually read the paperwork that came with the product. If you do it is clear with all the legal terminology why the cruise lines don't allow you to drink it on board, thus the term duty free.

Being sister lines I would expect, perhaps naively, that the rules for RCL and X would be very similar. As to not being caught, it's not as though we were trying to smuggle anything on board at embarkation. These were purchase made in port that are actually promoted by the CD and his folks. Security checked our purchases when we returned to the ship and couldn't have missed them.

I wondered why the mods had deleted one of my posts, until I realized that it was on one of the other threads. :o

I've done the same when there are multiple threads on the same topic. That's one reason why the Mods might consider combining the threads.