You know your addicted to Cruising when...

G&TQ

your husband starts to protest booking another cruise in favor of trying something different! (that would be my husband right now).

Tell your husband you have the perfect solution! Book cruises and land based vacations and/or add multiple days before and after cruising to explore new places. That’s what we do, but my spouse jokingly says I am a member of the vacation of the month club.

When you spend more than 60 days per year on cruise ships, and your friends and family think you are nuts.

When I was a kid (many, many years ago), I would read about the early explorers who would spend 2 years or more of their life physically on a ship. I was astounded. How could they do that? How could you live from day to day on a ship? Then one day, I sat at my desk and counted my ship days. I put 2 years in the Navy on a Cruiser (USS Boston) and have completed 21 Carnival cruises for another 150 days. Yikes! Like an early explorer, I have lived physically on a ship for over 2 years. Now the explorers get all the credit but on the other hand, I am Carnival VIP. So you see, there is justice. I wonder what Christopher Columbus was thinking when he was on his LIDO Deck? Probably planning his next cruise.

When you're on an elevator, and it stops, and you don't hear "Deck 9. Lido".

Oh yes. At my work we have talking elevators, so I'll fill it in myself..

"Floor five."

"PROMENADE!"

And my favorite,

"Floor ten."

"PAN-O-RAMA!" :D

You know you're addicted to cruising when....you REALLY miss the old "boing" sound when your ship-card was scanned....then you try to hunt it down on YouTube, with minimal success.

Sic transit gloria boingy-sound.