Ships Wi-Fi questions

cvpends

I have a couple of questions about the ship's wifi plans. First, will the plan work when import but on the ship? Also, is it true that you can switch between devices, as long as you're only connected to one at a time? Thirdly, do they ever have deals on the wifi plans? Like the current deal at spa treatments? Thanks so much for your help.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have a couple of questions about the ship's wifi plans. First, will the plan work when import but on the ship? Also, is it true that you can switch between devices, as long as you're only connected to one at a time? Thirdly, do they ever have deals on the wifi plans? Like the current deal at spa treatments? Thanks so much for your help.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1. The plans will work in port on the ship. They do not turn the wifi off.

2. Yes, you can use multiple devices, connecting one at a time. When you log into a device it will ask you if you would like to log off the previous device.

3. The only "deals" on wifi plans is to prepurchase them. It is about a 15% savings over purchasing on the ship.

IOE some ships wifi is better than others.

We had issues our 1st sailing on the Ecstasy ... not the 2nd after her dry dock.

We had really sketchy issues on the Sunshine (mostly weather related the weather sucked on this cruise) and the wifi is satellite.

No issues on the Valor ... no issues on the Vista.

I always get the 2nd tier plan ... I can post to FB, check my work email ... FB call my kids or house sitter if needed w/ no issues.

As for port ... we usually just find a place when we get off the ship and eat that has free wifi (most of them do) and just sit and surf, check the news, etc. Always purchase it in advance of sailing for the 15% discount.

1. The plans will work in port on the ship. They do not turn the wifi off.

2. Yes, you can use multiple devices, connecting one at a time. When you log into a device it will ask you if you would like to log off the previous device.

3. The only "deals" on wifi plans is to prepurchase them. It is about a 15% savings over purchasing on the ship.

Thank you so much!

IOE some ships wifi is better than others.

We had issues our 1st sailing on the Ecstasy ... not the 2nd after her dry dock.

We had really sketchy issues on the Sunshine (mostly weather related the weather sucked on this cruise) and the wifi is satellite.

No issues on the Valor ... no issues on the Vista.

I always get the 2nd tier plan ... I can post to FB, check my work email ... FB call my kids or house sitter if needed w/ no issues.

As for port ... we usually just find a place when we get off the ship and eat that has free wifi (most of them do) and just sit and surf, check the news, etc. Always purchase it in advance of sailing for the 15% discount.

This is interesting information -- thanks for your reply! Know anything about issues or lack thereof on Splendor?

Just putting it out here ... our son is finishing up is 6 month Contract on Freedom. He has s l o w service , just like the rest of the ship, he tells us. We're joining him for the last week. I will buy the wifi and hope for the best.

:) Bobbi

This is interesting information -- thanks for your reply! Know anything about issues or lack thereof on Splendor?

YW!

Not sure when you are sailing her ... and this probably won't help, but we are on the Splendor to Hawaii 0n December 1. If you sail after that ... I'll let you know. LOL

Will the Wifi let you still text (via imessage) and do Wifi calling?

Text message - sort of? We (family) all had AT&T and were set for iMessage. We could text each other on the Wifi. The 2 people w/ us that were Verizon and Sprint (neither had iMessage) we could not text.

Wifi calling ... had no issues w/ it through FB on the 2nd tier plan. Did have it drop now & then ... but overall, we found the wifi was less sketchy for stuff like that in the early morning and late night.

YW!

Not sure when you are sailing her ... and this probably won't help, but we are on the Splendor to Hawaii 0n December 1. If you sail after that ... I'll let you know. LOL

We are on her next month. But thanks!

Text message - sort of? We (family) all had AT&T and were set for iMessage. We could text each other on the Wifi. The 2 people w/ us that were Verizon and Sprint (neither had iMessage) we could not text.

Wifi calling ... had no issues w/ it through FB on the 2nd tier plan. Did have it drop now & then ... but overall, we found the wifi was less sketchy for stuff like that in the early morning and late night.

AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint have free wifi texting. iMessage isn't necessary. Sprint is the most restictive of the four.