Gluten Free in Elizabeth, NJ

Disco Duck

Go to Tripadvisor. Look up restaurants by city. You will get a long list but on the left hand side are all types of options...one of them being gluten free. I like using this as I can read reviews but also on many of the restaurants websites you can see the menu. I have found a lot state they have gluten free options when they offer dinner salads. A salad is fine once in awhile but not all the time. This is a good way of narrowing down choices. You can also opt to get list closest to where you are staying.

Chris

If you're staying in the area around Embassy Suites, Country Inn and Suites, Residence Inn etc. and have no car there's a Ruby Tuesday's across the street. They offer gluten free options on their menu (will be designated) as such. However not sure of your idea of "good".

We are leaving on The Anthem of the Seas next week and was wondering if anyone lives in Elizabeth, NJ that can give me the name of some good restaurants that serve Gluten Free meals.

We will be staying at the Hilton and we do have a car. Thank you for this information.

Go to Tripadvisor. Look up restaurants by city. You will get a long list but on the left hand side are all types of options...one of them being gluten free. I like using this as I can read reviews but also on many of the restaurants websites you can see the menu. I have found a lot state they have gluten free options when they offer dinner salads. A salad is fine once in awhile but not all the time. This is a good way of narrowing down choices. You can also opt to get list closest to where you are staying.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will look up on Tripadvisor. I have Celiac Disease and I agree I don’t want just salad for dinner.

Go to Tripadvisor. Look up restaurants by city. You will get a long list but on the left hand side are all types of options...one of them being gluten free....

This is an excellent idea; thank you for sharing this information. I can imagine someone being pro-active using this approach.

I live in NE NJ, my dd has celiac. When eating out, we don’t necessarily look for gluten free restaurants. You can go with a chain, or a steakhouse, or a diner (pretty much anything you want 24/7), and I know most Italian restaurants/pizzerias in my area offer gluten free pasta and pizza, plus many chicken and seafood dishes that are naturally gluten free.