Person #3 more then the first two guest?

G&TQ

Yes... That has happened to me...especially on last minute cruises.... When I added a 3rd passenger....3rd person was sometimes $300 more than the first 2. Just kept on looking and booked a cruise on a ship/line more in line with 3rd passenger pricing

Supply and demand. Ship is probably near capacity making the remaining vacancies more valuable. They aren't going to add your 3rd person at $159 taking a slot where they can book a new passenger in their own cabin at a high market rate.

Every time we have traveled during Spring Break, the 3rd person has always been higher than the first two. On the other hand, when cruising during the Summer, the 3rd person has always been less. I just think it is the time of year you are trying to cruise because they know it will be high demand. We booked this year's Spring Break cruise 11 months in advance and 3rd person was $20 more than the 1st two.

For our upcoming March cruise, I booked 3 staterooms including 2 room of 4 for our children and grandchildren. In each case the 3rd person was higher than the first two and then the 4th person dropped below. I asked three different carnival cruise consultants and no one could explain it including a supervisor except to say it is all done by computer calculation formula dividing the total room rate over the 4 people even though it is not evenly divided. Absolutely makes no sense particularly given that the one grandchild who is a previous Carnival passenger had the highest rate!

that doesn't sound right, unless all that's left are cabins that ONLY fit two passengers (do those even exist? I dunno)

Yes, quite a few of the cabins are classified as 2-person only.

More importantly, if they charge you more for the third and fourth person, you might be tempted to book another whole cabin instead.

Yes, quite a few of the cabins are classified as 2-person only.

More importantly, if they charge you more for the third and fourth person, you might be tempted to book another whole cabin instead.

Right. That's what I was thinking, the OP had a cabin selected that could only hold two people and the system automatically grabbed another cabin for them for that 3rd person.

Right. That's what I was thinking, the OP had a cabin selected that could only hold two people and the system automatically grabbed another cabin for them for that 3rd person.

No the system doesn’t do that. It goes by the amount of cruisers. You don’t get charged more for a 3 person cabin if it’s available for 2 cruisers.

The 3rd person has cost more on nearly every cruise we’ve been on. We always cruise during spring break. Lots of families mean more than 2 in many rooms and the boat reaches capacity before all the cabins are booked. So the 3rd person becomes a huge premium. We are a family of 5 and I have sometimes gotten my kids to recruit a friend to go with us because it has actually been cheaper to sail with 6 (in 3 rooms) than 5 (in 2 rooms).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums