Majesty question

Luckily found out I have extra time off in July. We NEVER cruise in the summer, but found a cheap cruise. Looking at the deck plans for the MOS, and only see ONE bank of elevators. Is this true? Any opinions on this ship? Looks really small.

There are actually 3 banks of elevators, forward, centrum and aft. The centrum are glass elevators and only service a few decks.

My first cruise was on Monarch with our cabin on deck 3 near the Centrum. I thought it odd that we could only go up a few floors and then had to walk forward or aft to take an elevator the rest of the decks.

It's an odd layout but also it makes it interesting.

Oh, no!!! Really? We were even going to go “on the cheap “ and get an inside cabin ( which we never do). Having second thoughts

We went on Majesty in January. We had an inside cabin for BF and myself and another one for DS and his two friends. It was a bit snug for the 3 young men, but our cabin was just fine. We considered it "cozy," not crowded. The only problem was the configuration of the bed. It left one person "trapped" if they had to get up to use the restroom at night---had to climb over the partner or wake him up. Otherwise, our trip on Majesty was wonderful.

The Centrum area is great, with lots of different activities every day. . .live band karaoke (which was really very good), line dance classes, long distance corn-hole competitions. . .really an enjoyable experience!

We had JS in January and DH loved it. We have a GS in April. I have to stay at home if I don't have a balcony. Only major problem with Monarch and Majesty is I am forever getting lost with the strange layout. Many times you "simply can't get there from here." Always have to stop to think if I want to go to Schooner Bar which deck do I have to exit to walk thru to the bar. Good thing DH is good at navigation. Also have to plan on how to get to Viking Crown Lounge. Note, trying to find my free drinks.

My first cruise ever was on the Monarch of the Seas (Sister Ship) in 1995 in an inside and even with extra time in the cabin, it was our honeymoon, it wasn't a bother with the small space and of course, we didn't know any better.

Now that I'm on a 4 day on Majesty, I'm in a Superior Ocean View!!