From SJU to the Port

mtm65

Absolutely a taxi....they're regulated by zone...no need to be worried about getting ripped-off...they'll give you a written fee chart as you get in clearly stating all fee's charged. Just get in the taxi line just outside luggage pickup and tell them which pier you're going to depending on the cruiseline you're using...so the Old Town Pier or the Pan American Pier. Easy peasey !!

Absolutely a taxi....they're regulated by zone...no need to be worried about getting ripped-off...they'll give you a written fee chart as you get in clearly stating all fee's charged. Just get in the taxi line just outside luggage pickup and tell them which pier you're going to depending on the cruiseline you're using...so the Old Town Pier or the Pan American Pier. Easy peasey !!

Thanks for the response! I didn't know there is more than one pier :) We're newbies. Our ship is to be at the Pan American Pier. Thanks again.

Thanks for the response! I didn't know there is more than one pier :) We're newbies. Our ship is to be at the Pan American Pier. Thanks again.

You're so very welcome. Glad I was able to help in some small way...Enjoy that cruise !

The cab line at both the airport and port has a dispatcher to write up the ticket. He calls in the right size cab for your group and tells the driver where you are going. System works very well. When you get back to the airport don't forget to run your bags through the agricultural xray machine - can't check your bags without this. And likely they won't check in bags until 4 hours before the flight.

Taxi might be good to go to/from the port but we had a very bad experience of a taxi attempting to rip us off coming from a restaurant back to the hotel.

$8 to restaurant, two hours later, same route, $26 back to hotel. I refused to pay. I went inside & got the concierge. He talked w/ the driver and then told me that he thought I was being taken advantage of. So I stuck out $8 in my hand, told him take it or leave it before I report him. He grabbed the money, dropped an F bomb and drove off.

Having said this, we did not have any issues w/ taxi service to/from airpot/hotel .

Taxi might be good to go to/from the port but we had a very bad experience of a taxi attempting to rip us off coming from a restaurant back to the hotel.

$8 to restaurant, two hours later, same route, $26 back to hotel. I refused to pay. I went inside & got the concierge. He talked w/ the driver and then told me that he thought I was being taken advantage of. So I stuck out $8 in my hand, told him take it or leave it before I report him. He grabbed the money, dropped an F bomb and drove off.

Having said this, we did not have any issues w/ taxi service to/from airpot/hotel .

When we were in Barcelona, we had a similar thing happen where the cost between the same two places was higher in the evening. Turns out they do have a legal late night supplement there. Just a few Euros, nothing like the jump in price that you experienced, but we initially thought we were being ripped off too.