LOST picture ID! Sail in 2 weeks, now what?

Alimariecruisin

Well, I feel I need to share this bit of drama with you all...as many of you may know my husband lost his pic id for our next cruise (in less than 2 days from now but at the time it was almost 2 weeks ago) and so we were freaked out because he didn't have a passport. (we've only cruised closed loop from California which only requires Dr. Lic photo ID and a birth certificate). So we get emergency appt. for a passport, took 2 days traveling to San Francisco...and yes he got the passport! Then today, less than 48 hours before boarding his new California Dr. Lic. arrives!!! In record time! I've never received any CA Lic. new or replacement in less than 2 and a half weeks...however we'd do it all over again the same because you can't trust the replacement to come in time! But it is kinda funny after the fact, and after all the stress...

But an interesting story to tell....thanks for the update and have a wonderful cruise.

Many thanks for coming back to let us know how it worked out. So many people don't ever return to a thread they started and folks are left wondering what happened. Enjoy your cruise. :)

But an interesting story to tell....thanks for the update and have a wonderful cruise.

Yep, it was interesting (but hope never to do again)...and we will enjoy this cruise...wonderful roll call...who else has over 145 pages of roll call from over a year ago with 40 or so members...I wonder now which roll call has the most pages with the fewest members????

Yep, it was interesting (but hope never to do again)...and we will enjoy this cruise...wonderful roll call...who else has over 145 pages of roll call from over a year ago with 40 or so members...I wonder now which roll call has the most pages with the fewest members????

So you must be cruising on Ruby...The CA Coastal?...we leave on the next PC March 31st...Glad you have had a great roll call often doesn't happen for Mexican Riviera and PCs. Our RC did start over a year+ ago too... we have a great group and have enjoyed many laughs....less then ten active on ours, we are planning an informal M&G at sail away.

Enjoy....and get your passport soon...don't want DH planning a trip without you:D.....it will be easier for renewal if they are closer in expiration date.

So you must be cruising on Ruby...The CA Coastal?...we leave on the next PC March 31st...Glad you have had a great roll call often doesn't happen for Mexican Riviera and PCs. Our RC did start over a year+ ago too... we have a great group and have enjoyed many laughs....less then ten active on ours, we are planning an informal M&G at sail away.

Enjoy....and get your passport soon...don't want DH planning a trip without you:D.....it will be easier for renewal if they are closer in expiration date.

Yes, California Coastal on the Ruby...so happy to hear you too have great roll call, no matter the size!!!

I'm so glad you were able to get everything taken care of, and that's so funny about getting the new driver's license in time too. About two weeks before our first family cruise, my daughter's wallet got stolen out of her car (which she had accidentally left unlocked parked in front of her dad's house). We applied for a new one right away, but didn't think it would come in time, so I also called Carnival who assured me her school photo ID would be fine since she was under 18. As it happened, the new driver's license came the day before we left. AND, when we got home, my friend who was feeding our pets told me that a County Sheriff showed up at our house looking for my daughter. Of course my friend was concerned, and he wouldn't tell her why he was looking for my 16 year old daughter, just left his name and number. Turns out, he found her DL along the side of the road near his property out in the country, miles from where it was stolen. Just coincidence that he was a sheriff. So after all that, she now had two driver's licences!

I'm so glad you were able to get everything taken care of, and that's so funny about getting the new driver's license in time too. About two weeks before our first family cruise, my daughter's wallet got stolen out of her car (which she had accidentally left unlocked parked in front of her dad's house). We applied for a new one right away, but didn't think it would come in time, so I also called Carnival who assured me her school photo ID would be fine since she was under 18. As it happened, the new driver's license came the day before we left. AND, when we got home, my friend who was feeding our pets told me that a County Sheriff showed up at our house looking for my daughter. Of course my friend was concerned, and he wouldn't tell her why he was looking for my 16 year old daughter, just left his name and number. Turns out, he found her DL along the side of the road near his property out in the country, miles from where it was stolen. Just coincidence that he was a sheriff. So after all that, she now had two driver's licences!

LOL that is too funny! Princess said his VA ID card would "probably" work but we didn't trust a "probably"...

I have to admit I don't know how to do that! So sorry. however it's on this site 2nd page as of now...:cool:

Alimarie: How to put a link on your post.

1) Go to the post you want to link to (i.e. your new thread)

2) Highlight the complete address in the address bar

3) Copy it (easiest way is to use "control + c")

4) Return to this thread

5) Start a new post

6) Say something like, "here's the link" and paste your copied address (easiest way is to use "control + v")

7) Submit it. :D

....Then today, less than 48 hours before boarding his new California Dr. Lic. arrives!!! In record time! I've never received any CA Lic. new or replacement in less than 2 and a half weeks...however we'd do it all over again the same because you can't trust the replacement to come in time! But it is kinda funny after the fact, and after all the stress...

I think we have a similar sense of humor. I find a lot of stuff funny after the fact, sometimes even during the fact.

I'm glad to hear that both of you are going to be able to go.