Which St. Kitts beach should we choose?

So I guess when traveling to Carambola, you don't get that vista with the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other side

We got that view going to Carambola in a shared pink van. It cost us $4 per each way.

We want to spend a day on one of these three beaches: Cockleshell, South Friars or Frigate Bay. We must be able to rent chairs and have use of facilities. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love cockleshell beach the drive out is fantastic you can stop get a picture of two oceans at once. They also have a great passion fruit drink out there, so smooth drink too many they will hit you and knock you on your butt lol . It’s just a great place to relax and soak up the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carambola Beach club is great. If you like to snorkel you can walk in and snorkel. At the far right are some rocks. We snorkeled on the other side and saw great fish, turtles and a ray.

Nice clean bathrooms and showers.

We were recently there and I don't recall chairs and umbrellas being free.

We were just at Carambola and two chairs and umbrella cost $30.00.

We want to spend a day on one of these three beaches: Cockleshell, South Friars or Frigate Bay. We must be able to rent chairs and have use of facilities. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reggae/Turtle beach at the end of the island

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Please educate me on the terms towels & herds. I am guessing that herds means lots of people, but towels has me stumped. Love the combo t’erds though![emoji1]

No problem, explanation in précis

TOWLES:

Arrive by the cheapest means; take the most annoying spot on the beach to spoil a view of paying clients; spread the ship's Towles; constantly repeat the mantra "beaches are free" like a demented parrot; do not spend anything at the resort; bring food and drink browsed from the ship's buffet, all wrapped in a ship's napkin; bury their picnic debris in the sand; use the sea, beach and all the venue's facilities for free; return to the ship by the cheapest means. Then boast they spend the day at Carambola (et al) taking lunch and drinks there.

HERDS:

Arrive loudly en masse; stay loudly; have shouting conversations on their mobiles, or to other herd members, albeit 2 feet or 20 yards way; bring coolers full of Supermarket bought beer and demand ice for free; bring boom boxes and play on highest volume; do pay for beds but insist a colony of friends is created; complain about the price of venue's food as the reason for buying a single slice of pizza. Abuse or ridicule other guests, members of the venue's staff, solely for the group's amusement.

Basically, to knowingly do everything possible to spoil the ambience of the venue, and to annoy as many people as it is physically possible. Then leave loudly en masse.

Other items of annoyance can be added to each definition as requted.

The generic words of Towles and Herds are mine, but unable claim the credit for the constructed word T'erds, as this was invented by my Bajan friends, being a suscinct description to encompass both these types of revered tourists.

Previously, a poster commented that my use of words Towles and Herds, was a description of "normal cruisers", being annoying but you get used to it.

Normal?

Edited by PORT ROYAL

The generic words of Towles and Herds are mine, but unable claim the credit for the constructed word T'erds, as this was invented by my Bajan friends, being a suscinct description to encompass both these types of revered tourists.

Previously, a poster commented that my use of words Towles and Herds, was a description of "normal cruisers", being annoying but you get used to it.

Normal?

Well, if they are infringing on people who have paid to experience a resort’s beach I would NOT consider them “normal” cruisers. I call that rude!

DH and I head to the beach as early as possible & we are ready to head back to the ship or shop by the time the beach is getting crowded.

Well, if they are infringing on people who have paid to experience a resort’s beach I would NOT consider them “normal” cruisers. I call that rude!

DH and I head to the beach as early as possible & we are ready to head back to the ship or shop by the time the beach is getting crowded.

My point entirely.

It proves what now is considered acceptable or normal by Cruise Herds. To deny it happens, you must be part of a Herd.

T'erds are not nice people.