March cruises and Spring break concerns?

RMS Olympic

i have a cruise on Bliss booked the first week of March next year. Someone told me that’s Spring break; should I be concerned. I have read shorter cruises attract the party goers....not so much for 7 days or longer.

Has anyone experienced problems on NCL cruises during the Spring break timeframe? An overloaded ship with drink packages could beapotential mess....should I be concerned?

Thanks

i have a cruise on Bliss booked the first week of March next year. Someone told me that’s Spring break; should I be concerned. I have read shorter cruises attract the party goers....not so much for 7 days or longer.

Has anyone experienced problems on NCL cruises during the Spring break timeframe? An overloaded ship with drink packages could beapotential mess....should I be concerned?

Thanks

That is the first week of college breaks. You will have some college age students on board, but they are not the ones that cause the "spring break phenomenon". The problems come with the K-12 students and most of them are on break the week before and the week after Easter.

I cruise every year at that time and have never noticed any issues.

Always cruise this week because my husband is a prof so we need to take spring break at the same time. It has been mixed. First two years the kids were respectful. Third year we had a loudmouth in an aft cabin next to us. The last few years it's been ok but evidently some students decided to tamper with a smoke alarm in their room and were caught. They were put off in Nassau and told to make their own way back home. A few Canadian provinces have break the first week in March as well. They are generally well behaved.

You will have more families....after all, schools are out, so folks vacation. You won't have tons of college kids doing frat stuff. But, there will be lots of families with children. It's really no different than any cruise, except for more kids.

i have a cruise on Bliss booked the first week of March next year. Someone told me that’s Spring break; should I be concerned. I have read shorter cruises attract the party goers....not so much for 7 days or longer. Has anyone experienced problems on NCL cruises during the Spring break timeframe? An overloaded ship with drink packages could beapotential mess....should I be concerned? Thanks

Nope. Nothing to be concerned about. Kids under 21 can't book a room without someone older. Can't drink without mommy or daddy to sign for them. And can't afford cruises, in general. We are sailing in March and April this year and have no worries.

We generally try to stay away from cruising from the first week of March until after Easter, because spring break varies from place to place. Everyone is talking about wild kids drinking too much. It is becoming harder and harder for kids to buy booze on a ship but it is still going to happen. Don't kid yourself. We have cruised during that time frame; last year there were 2254 kids on the Breakaway the week we cruised and the weather was bad the first 1/2 of the cruise. It wasn't the drinking crowd or older kids that were the problem it was just kids everywhere. We saw families with toddlers eating in specialty dining rooms at 9pm. There were double seated strollers blocking the pathways in the atrium area, kids jumping off furniture during the life boat drill also in the atrium. And don't forget the ones who hog the elevators. OK, now my rant is over. BTW I absolutely adore kids, just ask my grand kids.

We've had good ones and bad ones. It's just a chance you take. The worst was 700 spring breakers from Southern Florida colleges. NCL had extra security on board. Of course, they won't tell anyone before hand that those kids will be there though. It was early March cruise on the Dawn. Hot tubs packed full of college kids( like 20 of them), standing with beers in one hand, dancing by 1:00 PM on embarkation day. Pretty like that the entire cruise. Some interesting sights. 25 thrown off in Cozumel for breaking into the ships liquor storage. 2 in the brig for destroying a painting behind the guest services desk. The first port day, when we walked on the pool deck, it was quiet. They all went ashore to get cheap drinks. It was the same Cozumel. We didn't bother to take the excursion we had booked. The pool deck was quiet.

We were on the Escape last year for spring break and didn't have any problems. It was our first cruise, so I don't know how it compares to others, but there were definitely a lot of families. There were some college kids, but I didn't think it was super rowdy or anything. There was one instance where a drunk college guy was getting kind of rough with a girl, but security was on it pretty fast. I'd say there were more families than college kids, though. We had our two kids with us, so it didn't bother me.

I have gone on at least 10 spring break time cruises and have loved all of them.

My worst experience was booking a cheaper trip in Oct last year on the Escape it happened to be a huge singles booking so many of them were obnoxious and trying to get with everyone on the ship and not just the guys were aggressive and they did not care if you were with some one or married.

Summer time for the first time in June I am going this will be when all the younger kids go and they really jack up the price and do not offer any kids for free stuff.

We've been on a number of spring break time cruises and no issues from college aged kids. We did have quite a few on an early June cruise on Dawn and they were a bit rowdy by the hot tubs and pool but overall a good group.

Mostly families it seems during the breaks.