Applying a discount after booking?

Evilgrin72

Received an e-mail from RCCL today saying : "You’re in luck — offer code enclosed for your Southern Caribbean sailing." I booked a Southern itinerary on Freedom late last week out of San Juan on Freedom (October sailing) and apparently, now they're offering a $200 discount on San Juan departures. I paid the deposit last week and booked directly through RCCL's website.

The offer appears to include the discounts I already applied, but also an additional $200 using code "SAVEMORE." I don't see anywhere to apply this code, unsurprisingly, to the existing booking - is there a way to get this knocked off my balance due, or I am I kidding myself?

Call whoever booked your cruise and inquire, you cannot apply it on to an existing cruise the website.

I booked through RCCL website, so I guess I can call them. Normally, I'd assume I just booked a little too soon and missed out, but the fact that the e-mail specifically said "offer code for YOUR sailing" indicates they know I've already booked it and are sending me the correspondence anyway. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck doing something like this in the past.

I keep seeing that note on the website when I do a pretend booking for my Freedom cruise (to check if the price went down).

It asks you to click a button that says “apply discount here” or something like that, but when I click the button, it takes me to a page that forced me to input my name and crown and anchor number, then proceeds on to the booking page where the price is exactly the same as when I don’t “click here.”

I haven’t gotten any emails about it, but maybe it’s just something for the Freedom?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I keep seeing that note on the website when I do a pretend booking for my Freedom cruise (to check if the price went down).

It asks you to click a button that says “apply discount here” or something like that, but when I click the button, it takes me to a page that forced me to input my name and crown and anchor number, then proceeds on to the booking page where the price is exactly the same as when I don’t “click here.”

I haven’t gotten any emails about it, but maybe it’s just something for the Freedom?

You just need to type in the code on that screen where it says “offer code” near where you select your state.

Please let me know if you have any luck. I called them and no one at Royal has ever heard of this promotion. But i can do a mock booking online and it lowers the price by $200 for my Jewel cruise.

I did a mock booking online for my cruise as well and sure enough, the total all-in price comes out $200 cheaper than I paid - it applies all the discounts I already have (C&A balcony discount, Caribbean getaway discount, 30% off, $100 OBC) as well as the $200 for SAVEMORE.

Could be the promo is restricted to new bookings.

I did a mock booking online for my cruise as well and sure enough, the total all-in price comes out $200 cheaper than I paid - it applies all the discounts I already have (C&A balcony discount, Caribbean getaway discount, 30% off, $100 OBC) as well as the $200 for SAVEMORE.

Same for me. But when I called, no one at Royal seemed to know what I was talking about. I’ve been on hold for 45 minutes now with the resolutions department.

Could be the promo is restricted to new bookings.

That's what I'm seeking to ascertain. It would make sense, but if it's only applicable to new bookings, why would they send it to me with the subject line "You’re in luck — offer code enclosed for your Southern Caribbean sailing." That leads me to believe I can apply it now. I guess we'll see, unfortunately, I can't make this phone call until lunch time and they don't have web chat.

Same for me. But when I called, no one at Royal seemed to know what I was talking about. I’ve been on hold for 45 minutes now with the resolutions department.

Sounds about right. :p Can you please let me know how this turns out? I plan to call them myself in a few hours, but if it's going to be an hour plus of sitting on hold, I won't be able to accomplish it anyway.

I will come back and update if I ever get off hold with resolutions. I can cancel and rebook but that seems pointless to me. The cruise isn’t until November so it would seem like they could take care of it without me having to go through that and spend another $500 on a deposit.

If you are outside of final payment date can't you just re-book and cancel the first one?

Oh yeah, now a lot of folks book non refundable so that answer is no longer the simple one:halo:

I considered that, but naturally I booked non-refundable (the rate was substantially less and only death is keeping me off this cruise, in which case I won't much care about the lost deposit.)

I will come back and update if I ever get off hold with resolutions. I can cancel and rebook but that seems pointless to me. The cruise isn’t until November so it would seem like they could take care of it without me having to go through that and spend another $500 on a deposit.

Looks like we're in exactly the same spot. Thanks in advance for letting us know how it all turns out - I really appreciate it !

If you are outside of final payment date can't you just re-book and cancel the first one?

Oh yeah, now a lot of folks book non refundable so that answer is no longer the simple one:halo:

And I expect THAT shoe to drop at some point. You know, the one that says "no price drops if you have a non-refundable deposit".

And I expect THAT shoe to drop at some point. You know, the one that says "no price drops if you have a non-refundable deposit".

Yep, totally. As it stands (I have no experience in this arena) - is a non-refundable deposit only applicable to the cruise you booked? Meaning, if you want to cancel and book a new cruise with them "simultaneously," they won't simply move the deposit from one cruise to another?

Yep, totally. As it stands (I have no experience in this arena) - is a non-refundable deposit only applicable to the cruise you booked? Meaning, if you want to cancel and book a new cruise with them "simultaneously," they won't simply move the deposit from one cruise to another?

It would cost you $100 pp penalty to do that

I think you get some amount of grace period, Ellen can confirm, but I thought you got 30 days to make a free change. Once out of the grace period, any change of ship or sailing date will cost you $100pp.

I think you get some amount of grace period, Ellen can confirm, but I thought you got 30 days to make a free change. Once out of the grace period, any change of ship or sailing date will cost you $100pp.

Well, this is m ore promising. I just booked about 6 days ago, so I'd be well within that grace period of which you speak. I'm not sure who Ellen is, but if she can confirm/deny that - that would be outstanding. :D

I'm not sure but I think that is only if you booked on board, worth a call though

Don't know why it would be different booked on board or not