Applying a discount after booking?

Evilgrin72

I got a similar e-mail about our Europe cruise this summer (on Navigator).

Called the travel agency (warehouse club) that we had our booking with, they called RCCL and repriced our cruise for us. $800 savings per cabin (we have 2 balcony cabins). We lose $75 OBC, but obviously nets out much better overall. So it may very well be worth checking and seeing if they'll reprice.

Just got the same email. Endless fine print seems to indicate it's only for cruises for either March or May 2018-Dec 2018. Even though our cruise is January. Of course the title of the email say's for "our southern Caribbean sailing.......". Also references to booking only today or tomorrow. Etc etc. Something tells me this 200.00 is bogus for most people it was sent to. What a surprise.

I got a similar e-mail about our Europe cruise this summer (on Navigator).

Called the travel agency (warehouse club) that we had our booking with, they called RCCL and repriced our cruise for us. $800 savings per cabin (we have 2 balcony cabins). We lose $75 OBC, but obviously nets out much better overall. So it may very well be worth checking and seeing if they'll reprice.

Thanks. When I did a mock booking on my cruise, it still applied the $100 OBC I received last week and the e-mail does say those offers are combinable, but even if I lost the OBC, it would be worth it ($200>$100 last time I checked.)

Just got the same email. Endless fine print seems to indicate it's only for cruises for either March or May 2018-Dec 2018. Even though our cruise is January. Of course the title of the email say's for "our southern Caribbean sailing.......". Also references to booking only today or tomorrow. Etc etc. Something tells me this 200.00 is bogus for most people it was sent to. What a surprise.

I hope not, I feel like this should be handled like a price drop.

I hope not, I feel like this should be handled like a price drop.

Good luck. Just got off the phone, they would only offer the 200.00 if everything was re-booked at current prices. Would have paid more and lost existing OBC. Not surprised. A holes........

Of course the title of the email was "You're in luck, offer code enclosed for your Southern Caribbean Sailing". HA.

Good luck. Just got off the phone, they would only offer the 200.00 if everything was re-booked at current prices. Would have paid more and lost existing OBC. Not surprised. A holes........

Of course the title of the email was "You're in luck, offer code enclosed for your Southern Caribbean Sailing". HA.

This is what makes me mad. They would not take the $200 off claiming it is for new bookings only. Even if I cancel and rebook they said I cannot apply it but they tell you that you are able to get it if you reprice your sailing. No one there knows the right answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first person I talked to told me I could “upgrade my cabin” to 2b on deck 9 midship and get the discount applied. I guess I should have done this but I didn’t want to lose my 4B aft on deck 10 so I asked to speak to someone else. Next person told me that the discount couldn’t be applied no matter what I did. So basically, two different people. Two different answers.

The first person I talked to told me I could “upgrade my cabin” to 2b on deck 9 midship and get the discount applied. I guess I should have done this but I didn’t want to lose my 4B aft on deck 10 so I asked to speak to someone else. Next person told me that the discount couldn’t be applied no matter what I did. So basically, two different people. Two different answers.

Try again- Third times a charm:)

If you are thinking seriously about making a new booking, I'd not cancel the old booking until you have everything settled in the new booking.

I feel like an idiot, but what exactly is "repricing" your booking?

In order to get today's promotion you would also have to pay today's price for your cruise. They won't just take the $200 off of the price that you originally booked at. Also you would get whatever other perks being offered at the time that you re-reprice and lose any others than you already had

I feel like an idiot, but what exactly is "repricing" your booking?

That means the prices on your booking are changed to what they are today. In other words, if you booked months ago and the cost was $500 per person, and today you see a new promo with $100 on board credit, in order to take advantage of the new promo, your $500 per person price would have to change to whatever the price is for a stateroom in your category today, which might be much more than that $100 on board credit they are offering.

In order to get today's promotion you would also have to pay today's price for your cruise. They won't just take the $200 off of the price that you originally booked at. Also you would get whatever other perks being offered at the time that you re-reprice and lose any others than you already had

I see. When I did a mock booking today, the price was the same as I paid and all perks/discounts that I got when I booked last Thursday are still applicable. So, it seems there's no downside to my doing this as long as it doesn't somehow mess with the deposit. I would just call and tell them I want to re-price my cruise with today's prices/discounts/perks?

That means the prices on your booking are changed to what they are today. In other words, if you booked months ago and the cost was $500 per person, and today you see a new promo with $100 on board credit, in order to take advantage of the new promo, your $500 per person price would have to change to whatever the price is for a stateroom in your category today, which might be much more than that $100 on board credit they are offering.

Makes sense, thanks so much Bob. I just booked last week and nothing other than this new discount has changed, so it seems like this is the way to go for me at least.

I see. When I did a mock booking today, the price was the same as I paid and all perks/discounts that I got when I booked last Thursday are still applicable. So, it seems there's no downside to my doing this as long as it doesn't somehow mess with the deposit. I would just call and tell them I want to re-price my cruise with today's prices/discounts/perks?
Yes

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

The price today was actually $200 lower than when I booked and with the $200 discount, $400 lower. They did reprice my cruise for today’s rates but they would not honor the additional $200. My cruise isn’t until November. This is the 3rd price drop. I keep saying I’m going to stop booking early. When I first booked a few months ago, I paid $999 per person for a balcony. As of today, they are $548 per person for my same category.

The price today was actually $200 lower than when I booked and with the $200 discount, $400 lower. They did reprice my cruise for today’s rates but they would not honor the additional $200. My cruise isn’t until November. This is the 3rd price drop. I keep saying I’m going to stop booking early. When I first booked a few months ago, I paid $999 per person for a balcony. As of today, they are $548 per person for my same category.

Glad you got the lower rate, but why wouldn't they honor the $200 savings? I think you're right, booking closer to sail date seems to be the way to go. I would have done that, but the wife and I zeroed in on one specific itinerary and there was only one sailing that offered it.

Come back and let us know. If it works, I may try to call back tonight when I’m less busy.

I absolutely will. Problem is, I only have about 45-60 minutes for lunch and will be calling from my car, so if they dump me on hold for longer than about 20 minutes, I'm going to have to bail. They're probably getting a thousand calls from people like us that got this e-mail...