Oasis of the Seas - best time for embarkation

kskelley40

We are on the Oasis in May out of Port Canaveral, leaving on a Sunday. We are staying with relatives who live about 2 hours away on Saturday and plan on driving to the port Sunday morning.

We just have a balcony cabin so no special early embarkation this time.

Question is: when is the best time to arrive at the port for the easiest and fastest processing time?

Usually we have a suite and get the priority embarkation so we always get there early but not this time. Don't want to arrive at the peak time and have to stand in lines to be processed and then get on the ship.

Anyone with some past experience whether to arrive early early or after 1pm?

Did you have priority embarkation? Suite guest or upper tier level? Or did it just move real quick?

We usually try to get there around 11 am. Have never had a chance to sit down, we boarded as soon as we checked in. All went very quickly. Did not matter the C&A level or if you were in a suite. All classes had already been called each time we got there. Very easy peasy. :)

Last year in April we stayed at the Homewood Suites right by the port. Left by 10:00 and made the two minute drive, parked, dropped luggage, and was checking in between 10:15 or 10:30. We were in a junior suite so we initially followed the signs and sat in the general waiting area since Sea Class was covered up. After seeing not many people in the suite waiting area I asked an older gentleman who worked there if my wife and I were able to sit there and showed him our SeaPass card and he said "Oh of course!" So we were able to sit there an wait until boarding began for suites around 11:45 or 12:00. Nice building and easy in our opinion.

In October we got there at 11:30. We had suite priority and the kids didn't. We waited for them in the check in waiting/boarding area. They were about 10 minutes behind us. We were all on board by 12:20. Personally, I wouldn't get there earlier than noon. Plus, cabins won't open up until 1:00 PM to drop off your stuff. We, yes all of us, went to the suite lounge and hung out until our rooms were open.

We just sailed last month.

Arrived at 9:45 parked at the port, checked in and waited just a little while.

We started boarding at 11:00....

Any other cheaper places to park other than port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Oasis last Sunday. We arrived at the terminal around 10:15. Sat in line at the drop off until about 10:25. After unloading our group walked straight through security with no waiting. I dropped off the rental car and caught up with the group by 10:50. Checked in and sat in the “great hall” until called to board at 11:05. Sitting in the Solarium with a beer and food by 11:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Thanks for the info. We will plan on arriving around 10:30 and hopefully start our vacation shortly after!

The cruise documents typically show the boarding time based upon status. While these are only mildly enforced...we have seen them firmly enforced as well. Also...there is a surge crown prior to Noon (like you - with the same idea also wanted to board early) that often has been known to actually slow things down for all but the higher cruise status passengers.

Since cabins are not open/available until at least 1pm...an arrival prior to Noon has been known to be somewhat hectic depending on the time of year for the cruise.